You gotta love this.... became a donating

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Thats pretty cool. Goes to show how some folks can spot a quality site right away.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BIG</span>thanks CAT3.

RSD.

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome. As I explained to RSD, I've been registered here for a lil while, but havent yet picked up a Busa. That will be changed either monday or tuesday...yep only 48hrs more to wait and its killing me. I searched a lot of the threads and have already forgot more than I have retained, so search button will be my friend. I have experience in tuning LS1 cars, Camaro/Firebirds and Corvettes specifically, using HPTuners, I've wrenched on my 2000 Z28 taking it from a high 13s stocker to a mid-10s daily driver/weekend drag racer and have used plenty of cylinders of nitrous in the process. Seen Frisbee's post on getting his dry shot hooked up and will be looking forward to seeing lots of pics of the installed system and reports on performance...already contacted a couple shops looking for a dry setup, either Dynotune or NX (from Nitrous Daves Outlet).
Oh yeah, I ended up buying a used 2005 Busa...it was mint until the day before I went to look at it, the guy dropped it, literally, in his driveway when he was getting it ready for me to look at. Has some scrathces now, but all the plastics are good, and the damage is purely aesthetic, so I can deal with that.
I've ridden some Busa's in the past, and even though I like how the extend swingarms dont like to ride at 12 o'clock, I dont like the lean it takes to carve up some twisties. So, for me to take that leap will take a lot. I look forward to becoming a more active member on here, hopefully learning everything I need to, and am able to retain, in hopes to in turn help out some newb's later.
About me: 35y/o, been in the Army for 16yrs, currently in Sierra Vista, AZ getting ready to learn how to fly Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) since my last job was deleted from the Army inventory
sad.gif
. Married to an ex-Army woman, 23y/o Patricia (who totally supports my habits of seeking speed and gave the approval for this bike), 6y/o son Charles IV (yes CAT3 is my initials) and 3month old Daughter, Arriyahnna (who's had me wrapped around her finger since she first laid eyes on me
smile.gif
). Originally from Michigan. Past bikes have been (in no particular order):
KX125
YZF600
GSX-600F
GSX-R 600
TL-1000
73 or something Suzuki 90, when I was like 14 and thought it was the shiat!

If anyone has good tips for me, pm or post it up, I listen very well as I'd rather learn from other mistakes. e.g the kickstand mod ;)

Charlie

welcome cat3.

Its a rule that you must post pics when you get it in the go-rage.

Past bikes have been (in no particular order):
KX125
YZF600
GSX-600F
GSX...
SKERRRRRTTT!!!! GSX-600F!!! Dont be shy....call it what it really is!!! rofl...had to recall on that for a second...nice..Katana..Kanatuna...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I had one too

Congrats on the bike...and watch out..those cosmetics are hella pricey... left side fairing....$600 bucks

<!--EDIT|KanjiBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154322379 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks again.. Of course once I get her home, I have to clean her up, name her, and then get pics....

Welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

This is a great place. Your support is appreciated.

Looking forward to the pics!
smile.gif

Welcome, and thanks for the donation! And, more importantly, serving to keep us safe and free.
cool.gif
Post some pics when you can.

Welcome.

You don't "need" to name your bike... since it's already got one. But you do need to post pics! And did the guy give you some kind of discount since he dropped the bike?

Back