Yosh stage 1 cam

OB_speed

Registered
Anyone throw in a Yosh cam, are they available yet? I am thinkn about ordering a stage 1 cam.

What can one expect from a cam. I like the stage one because I can use stock springs. I am not making a race machine just want a little more power.

I am probably going to be crucified here but here goes,

In my experience, mass produced Yosh cams are not that accurate. They are often slightly out and do not make much gain.

I personally believe that you should have a set of cams done by a reputable engine man. Made for your bike, they can produce excellent results.

I would like to hear frank adams response to this as I would expect he would be have good knowledge on this topic.

hayabusa-colin, i'm right there with you about YOSH. i sent my cam's to WEB. just to have a little lift added. the stock cam's already have quite a bit in there.there's alot of distance between the top of the piston and the head!like i said these bikes are very de-tuned!!!and there is alot of room.:>

Camshafts..... I have measured the european spec camshafts and the lift of the intake is 8,5 mm ( normal Suzuki ) and the ex is a low 7,1 mm.
Im thinking of installing a intake camshaft on my ex..... Didnt check if I can do it but dont know why it shouldnt work. Ill dyno it when I can ( its 500 miles to the nearest dyno.....). I already got the camshaft from my spare engine so in a feww weeks u will know ( maybye )

Back