Yosh slip-ons

OB_BUSRYDR

Registered
I know that I can get performance gains for 4-1 systems. But at present I'm not looking for any more power from the Busa. She's Bad *** Busa as is.

What I'd like to know is will the Yosh RS-3 slip-ons give me a deep throaty sound above stock and will it have any negative impact on the otherwise stock Busa. I've read that no mapping is required with the slip on, but will I notice any changes in idle or performance?

Who has done this mod and what is your opinion of the sound and feel?

The RS3 RaceOnly slips sounds great, nice and mellow, but definitely howl over 6000rpm.

Not as loud as a 4-2-1 Yosh duplex system.. I love the look (better than stock - tapered in). Very deep throaty sounds.. people notice it's a big block!

At above highway speeds in 6th gear the big revs at about 4000rpms, sounds great yet not annoying..

I would get them!

Oh yeah, I have to richen up my idle circuit a bit, was a little boggy from idle to 1/4 throttle..perfect now!..yosh box will take care of that! set the idle circuit at about 10:30-11 o clock mark..

If you want noise, take your cans off or drill holes in them. I can't see spending that much money and not losing any weight. Two slip-ons cost as much as a full 4-2-1 exhaust system anyway.

I have a set of street Yosh slipons on my beast, no throaty growl but a better sound than stockers and the bike runs very clean and unmapped. Exhaust ends not blackened at all. Runs mint and i like the look of the duals. They taper in nicely at the rear and are tucked in real close, not like the stockers. Probably would buy them again as I wanted to avoid the hassles of a PC2 or Yosh box. I have other toys and would find the price of all this other stuff prohibitive and many times poor results of remapping. Just my 2 cents, I also put on the centrestand and very pleased with that also.

I TO LIKE ANGUISH WENT WITH THE SLIP ONS SAME RESULTS HERE ARE SOME PIC Shttp://www.egroups.com/files/Hayabusa/polish+parts/

Thanks guys.

I'm not looking for loud, but throaty. I have cat back & K&N mods on my Expedition. It added a nice mellow tone over the stock with a bit of noticeable responsiveness.

I'm looking to do the same with my Busa. Just a tone that would give it a voice not a whisper. But will not have the neighbers complaining when I'm leaving or coming home. I also like the dual look and will likely keep it until I have a need and can use the extra power.

I'll have to get out more and see if I can find someone with this set up so I can hear for myself.

Anguish,
Did you have to remove the lower rear plastic to add the center stand?

Back