YES I AM WHINIG

mrninja9

Banned
Yes today is the 38th day in a row of a 12 hour day. I have no time to do anything. I have tried to call a few members and talk to get my mind off of this place. You know when your overtime is almost more that you regular paid hours something is wrong. Today i have gotten a cold so i am sick but i do not dare go home cause i have no replacement. When i get home it is a cold feeling. There is no one there to ask me how my day was or cook or just to give a peck and say it will be ok.

So in this does anyone have any ideas on how to survive these days. I have no clue i went off on my boss before i left last night at 8 here. If you where wondering it is little after 7 and i am typing this.

Man...that sucks. Looks like they need to get more help or they will open themselves up to accidents or loose some good employees.

Hope it gets better for ya.

I feel your pain....in Iraq we worked 15-18 hour days for 3 months straight. 7 days a week. It was very hard.

Keep your head up. Try your best to keep a non-biased perspective on your surroundings. Stay focused and remember to be safe. Even the little things will hurt you when it comes to complacency. Good luck.

mrninja-5 yrs ago I worked like that for 81 days. I have 5 children and I was workind 12 hrs 1 day and 16 hrs 2 days in a row 2500 miles away from home. When I got home I had to reinvent myself. It took nearly a month and a half to recover. After that I rembembered a saying that my father told me. "Do what you love and the money will follow". Its weird that since heeding my fathers advice money has not been an issue. Find your passion and follow. Advice to you- Rest as much as possible. Eat a ballanced diet. Stay away from alcohol while you are making such a hard run at work. When its over treat yourself to PLEASURES. Have a target/ goal and acheive it so you can look back on this with a since of accomplishment. Otherwise it was meaningless. Walk in peace mrninja and surround yourself with angels. --see me-- Egbert Yuk Fooie

WELL I CANT EGBERT IF I FOLLOWED MY DESIRES I WOULD BE TRAVELIN TO BIKE SHOWS AND SUCH BIKES ARE MY PASSION BUT WHERE I LIVE IT IS SCARCE.

i APPRECIATE YOUR GUYS KIND WORDS I GUESS I AM SICK AND AM GOING TO HAVE DEAL WITH IT

You need a mental happy place. You have little time to do things for relief (run, walk, ride, relations, exercise) so you need to make the most of the little time you do have.

Make it a point to get your rest and recharge for the next day. You have to find peace w/ your current situation and know that it won't last forever.

Pray on it and leave it with God.

Mrninja9:
A few years ago I was transferred away from the Family for 6 months to work on a project. 12+ hour days and no one to come home to at the end of a stressful day. I went crazy the first few weeks.... would get home stressed and no one there to tell me its ok... I feel ya on this... hard to comfort oneself in this situation.
I started a routine that I continue to this day....

Leave work (no matter what time of the day/night) and drive/ride for 15-20 minutes with no radio or noise, just the hum of the wheels and engine and the occasional car next to you. Take in the sights, person walking down the street, animal on the side of the road, clouds overhead or stars, whatever... just don't think of work.
Then when you get home, park the vehicle, get out, and take a deep breathe of air... let it out slowly... take another.... and repeat several times. Just relax and let the mind drift... hard at first, but gets easier.
Start a routine when entering the aparment/house... mine was, enter the apartment turn on radio (jazz or blues), remove shoes, turn on shower, remove clothes, take shower, put on comfortable clothes to hang around in, heat something to eat and eat, then turn off the radio and watch some TV (not anything in particular) for background noise. Never go straight to bed, no matter what time you get home.
**** research shows that it doesn't matter what time you go to sleep at night, its what time you wake up that sets your bodies clock for the day****
After all this, pick a day of the week that you are going to treat yourself... I chose Saturdays because that was to be the end of my workweek according to the schedule. I would get off work and go to a place called the "Happy Panda" for dinner every Saturday night. I remember when work got real stressful I would think of Saturday night sitting down at the "Happy Panda" and a great meal. It would help me get through the shift. Just make sure on your Saturday you go out and treat yourself.

To this day I still ride home in the quite mode, take 15 minutes to relax and treat myself. Every other Tuesday night I go to a Friends place for dinner, Wife is at work and the kids stay home. I go by myself at around 7pm and stay until he closes. I look forward to this night and its a nice reward when it arrives. I have a routine when I get home that I stick to both in the morning and at night. The trick is not to have to think about what you need to do, just do it.

I wish you the best my friend and hope it works out for you.

gp

Thanks mrgxr

I usually listen to korn or heavy metal to relax on my way to nd from and think bout the bike like riding through corners stuff like that. I do have a routine at home go inside take the boots off turn tv on get in my recliner and play with my dog. Then cook supper go put her out and sit in the garage with the radio on for about 30 minutes and go put her in and take a shower and go to bed

But i will try your no music theory and see how it works

Just think of all that money you will have for Aftermarket Parts! Weeeeeeeeee!
super.gif

(does that help?)

dayum chris-didnt know it was getn that rough-dude call me TONITE, gimme an hour before you get off work- I'll bring the cage down and chill with ya tonite for a while- Amy is working up in Whitewater tonite, so I will be doing a lot of driving, but you know me-I could give a fug.

jes have an address so I can plug into my GPS, and I'll be on my way.
holla back brah-Im here for ya

beerchug.gif

I feel for you man. Last yeat I worked 15 days in a row, 12-15 hr day. No thanks, no nothing. I told them it will not happen again.

Come on up here some night Chris, Melissa will cook a hot meal and Ill get the beer cold. Hell the couch is yours if you want it. Ill even bring Kevin over to entertain ya! Seriously though, come on up.

Back