Yellowstone Vacation

BenWoj42

Registered
The wife and I were thinking about taking a small vacation this summer. One of our locations we were thinking about is Yellowstone, but I know very little about the area. Has anyone vacationed there?

Likes, dislikes, maybe even lodging opinions?

Thanks

the place is awesome stayed at the old hotel in the park for 3 days great place in the summer

watch out for that presently semi dormant volcano that is the the entire park.....:whistle:

Hey we live in Helena Montana and try to get to the park at least once a year also Glacier to the north of us. You must experience yellowstone! My 16 year old son and I are gonna do the park for two days in July(thats what it really takes to see it (or more)). I could probably send you some photos. Only problem is it is hard to get rooms in the park w/out reservations way out and plan on rolling SLOW!! Jim

i know everything you need to know about yellowstone. yellowstone is everything the tv makes it out to be and more. plan on walking alot as all attractions are off the road down nice boardwalk paths. if you have the $$ get reservations at oldfaithful inn, its right at oldfaithful, also mammoth hotsprings has a motel, great place to soak off the road. camping is abundant in the park, just use the bear boxes for your food:rulez:. it gets cold and has been known to snow at any time of the year up there, so be prepared for cool evenings. if your going to camp, bring a warm bag.
Cody and Jackson are great places to stay outside the park. maybe stay in Cody, do the park for a few days, then ride down to Jackson for a night. about 4-5 days in the area. in Cody there is the buffalo bill historical museum, great museum full of artifacts, art, and more guns than the national guard.
i could type you a book on yellowstone. if you want to know more, let me know.:thumbsup:
its an awesome place to visit.

Back