XX beat\'s Busa in quarter mile

OB_ZX_Jacques

Registered
On may 30th at Sanair Racetrack, a friend of mine who own's a 99 CBR1100XX beat twice, out of 2 races a Busa on the quarter mile. We have hundred of witness. The guy with the suzuki was very upset. It prove's these bikes are so closely match that anyone can beat anyone and it's over rated what is written about the big Suzuki. My friend isn't a pro, he never took any racing or other motorcycle courses.

I own a stock ZX11 and next time, i'll challenge the busa too! Just to see...

You know, the rider counts for something in a bikes performance (like body weight, skill etc.). Do you think if your friend switched bikes with that Busa rider that the XX would of still won? I don't think so!

RD

the rider does count a lot on these streetbikes-I've seen many a small skilled rider beat faster bikes that had heavier or less agressive riders.

I would imagine that any skilled rider on a XX could give a Busa a good run, but equal riders... no way. It's my thinking that the greater part of the total equaution is the rider.

Last month at the racetrack I was riding a buddies 1986 GSX-R750. I lined up next to a spanking new 1999 R1. With a decent rider it shouldn't even have been a contest, yet I smoked him by three or four lengths at the finish. It's all rider...case and point!

If you pick on enough Busa's, I would imagine your ZX-11 would be on the losing end more times than not!

I don't care about who can beat who. All rockets over 1000cc are fast as hell, just hit something and see how far you fly. Why can't we like our bikes for the beauty of the bike. I am just a suzuki lover, and would have settled for a gxsr 750 if the busa didn't show up fast enough. I like going to the drag strip just speed without getting a ticket or two. Not to see who has the fastest bike. I do like the power and the looks of my busa, but that is it. I will not race just to see who is faster. I am 36 years old and I'm about to retire from the military, so I guess you could say that I am just mellowing out. (-;

Soja1

OK ZX boy,

I happen to own all three of these bikes and I personally guarantee you that your ZX won't come close to the Busa and the XX will come close but no way will it pull the 1300R. Sorry but you get the pros to race these two and the Hayabusa will win 100% of the time. I think that there is a comparison between the XX and Busa on Speedvision this coming Tuesday if anyone is interested. Honda needs to put the Valkarie engine in a full faring bike to have a chance. Hopefully the new ZX-12 will give us Busa owners a challenge when it "finally" comes out.

The next Motorcyclist show is doing a comparison of the XX and the busa. But, if they are consistent with how they've been, they air the same show for 4 to 5 weeks before they bring the next one out. Frustrating as hell. Since this past Tuesday was the first time this latest episode was shown, I think we'll have a wait until the actual show comes along. Of course, I will definitely be 'pleasantly' surprised if they stick to the 'new weekly show' format and show something new the following week, hehe.

Selva

The August issue of Sport Rider has a "bird-to-bird" compare. On the 1/4, the XX did a 10.4 @136.14, the Busa 9.97 @144.80.

my 94 all stock GSX-R1100 with just 123 HP goes 10.48@130mph(1.70, 4.47, 6.76@107, 8.76, 10.48@130)
I am new on here but it seems to me that there are some people on some of these posts that do not realize what is required and not required to post a good et. it takes a good clutch set up, a good track, good weather and most importantly a good rider!!! all out Hp is only good if you can use it or if you know how to use it. That is why so many busas run 10.0 to 10.5 but go like 140 or better. All there time is in the speed. Not saying there are not plenty that don't get great 60' times cause there are and they all go 9's but most ordinary people can't do that especially with the clutch set up that comes on a buse stock.
Randy

Back