WW2 British commando. Tough old man.

HI. A gun is only good if you have it. Mine has no lock and is never locked in a safe!
We are not allowed to do that here....my weapons are all locked up.

Thankfully, we live in a very safe neighborhood, there has never been a break in here nor has any police ever been called to any home in our subdivision. That being said, if someone were to come into my home uninvited, I have the ability to inflict severe harm upon them without need of a weapon.

I recall a fine old gent sitting in the Legion one Remembrance Day...he was a former paratrooper and one of the young fellas (paratrooper) was feeling his barley and hanging around the old gent.

The old gent told the young fellow he had 2 paradrops, one was near St mere Eglise France and the other was Arnhem and he lived to tell where many of his comrades didn't. Out of the original 140 troops in his company, 20 went all through the war and were still standing at the end.

Those great old guys are leaving us all too soon.

Ah the good 'ol days of knife fighting training....sadly that's all gone by the wayside...

I still have my Fairbairn knife.

I love those old guys..it will be a very sad day when they are all gone.

I knew a WWII survivor in the Army/Air Corp whose adversary stuck him with a bayonet on Saipan during a rush of soldiers against his outfit and the bayonet got stuck! He pulled the trigger on his BAR to blast free but the resulting movement of the bayonet ripped him pretty bad. He was a grunt then and when the services split he joined the Air Force. He got his Purple Heart and a field commission to Warrant Officer and retired as a Lite Colonel in the late 60s. After his retirement he became a high level ‘guvment‘ investigator. That’s how we met. He carried a 1911 on his belt and a Browning 25 auto for his pocket gun. Helluva guy.

Last edited:
I knew a WWII survivor in the Army/Air Corp whose adversary stuck him with a bayonet on Saipan during a rush of soldiers against his outfit and the bayonet got stuck! He pulled the trigger on his BAR to blast free but the resulting movement of the bayonet ripped him pretty bad. He was a grunt then and when the services split he joined the Air Force. He got his Purple Heart and a field commission to Warrant Officer and retired as a Lite Colonel in the late 60s. After his retirement he became a high level ‘guvment‘ investigator. That’s how we met. He carried a 1911 on his belt and a Browning 25 auto for his pocket gun. Helluva guy.
Hi. I do not shower with it, but it is keep on the sink. My back up gun is the same. that way it is all the same ammo. I keep 2 loaded guns and 3 mags on me. I trade them in every year I have a range in my back yard, so I shoot2 or more time a week. I put an H of a lot of rounds through them.

Hi. I do not shower with it, but it is keep on the sink. My back up gun is the same. that way it is all the same ammo. I keep 2 loaded guns and 3 mags on me. I trade them in every year I have a range in my back yard, so I shoot2 or more time a week. I put an H of a lot of rounds through them.
Must live in a very dangerous area to need this firepower so handy all the time....

Do you live in downtown Mogadishu?

Hi. No I live on 57 acres with 1500 behind me that no one can build on. I go into New Bebford Ma for work. The one time I do not have with me may be the time I need it
Hi. I do walk softly and I carry a stick. They shot up a cops house the other night. So be ready for anything.
Sure am glad I live where I am...it would suck to have to carry a weapon for fear of one's life all the time...

Been there, got that tee shirt a few times..

During my dojo days, we practiced knife fighting and that was my thing I was good at. Of course, we didn't use real knives. If it came right down to it, I wouldn't want to fight with a knife. Of course, no one does if they have a gun. :D

Slice the jugulars, trachia......no screem..........ug. I am so happy I never had to do that. Much respect to everyone that had to do those kinds of things for all of us and risked having it happen to them.

Back