Wrecked Busa buy back

I don't see a wrecked bike...I see a money tree sitting right there. You can easily clear your cost on what you have there.

Also I don't believe you have to pay the 1800 .
You can offer less and see if they will accept it .
Offer 1500 and see what they say ?

It is now non repairable....not salvage. Make sure if you buy it back and try to sell it "as is" you make that clear. :beerchug:

Your best bet would be to part it out. If the motor is not hurt.....there is your return on investment:thumbsup:

Bruh, if you have the time and money why not!!! Do a search on the org and get a list of what parts are going for. Again, if the motor is sound then you are ahead!!! You can sell the engine whole or parts i.e trans and etc! JM2C making money is hard business!!!!

It is now non repairable....not salvage. Make sure if you buy it back and try to sell it "as is" you make that clear. :beerchug:

Your best bet would be to part it out. If the motor is not hurt.....there is your return on investment:thumbsup:

I think it depends on the state.
In Florida once an ins co declares something totalled the title will reflect that and say 'salvage' .
I think ?

Thanks for the replies all, I'm still sitting on the fence. Since summer is rolling around the corner, and I already spent the money from the insurance (and don't even have a busa yet) I'll probably be wearing this dang wrist splint for another month or 2 also. I'm thinking it doesn't look good.

hows your wrist healin up?

p.s. i was looking at the dent on the tank! wow, ouch, wrists of titanium,balls of steel! :laugh:

My wrist is getting better day by day, I have a doc's appt soon and hopefully he'll have good news for me. LOL about the tank, after the wreck I feel like I had just done the splits for 10 hours while someone was throwing a bowling ball at my junk...ewe:laugh:

I am in the salvage business an the bike is definitly worth the money. You should buy it back an take it to Iaai auto auction pay them $79 an you can double your money. I know from experience. If I didnt live in mass I would have bought it off you. Hope your feeling well tho I just wrecked my 09 sunday. Hope they total it an sell it back to me :laugh:

Last edited:
Radiator and fans worth 600 to 800 used... tires, cans, dash, etc... You definately have alot of parts but are you willing to spend the time selling them off.

As all the others have stated. If you have the funds, Buy it back. A new frame, some plastics, and what other minor items you may need, you are on the rode again if the engine is okay. My bike was a rolling chasis. All I had was wheels, fame, engine, and subframe. I bought the rest of the bike from e-bay. E-bay has anywhere from 2000 - 5000 Hayabusa parts new and old for bid or buy now on any givin day. I should know. I check e-bay eveyday.:whistle:

Im about an hour east of pensacola by Eglin AFB. but the bike is on a lot in Mobile somewhere...

Last edited:
Don't forget who you are dealing with, an insurance company. Make a counter offer, they expect it. I'd say 1,500 should get it.

Left side hardly looks touched, I think all the sliding on the ground was on the right...see the groin dent in the center of the back of the tank...ouch! :stoopid:
I also just notice and remembered that the key was left in the on position, dang it!

leftside.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the dough, you should buy it back. Definitely could turn a profit. But then your still without a bike. There is atleast 18 parts on there you could get 100 each for. Then theres the motor, and other small parts. JUST DO IT!

Last edited:
Back