Wrecked Busa buy back

Ranger

Registered
So, the insurance told me today that I can buy back my totaled Busa for $1800. Of course it cant be road worthy again, but I was wondering if there would be enough salvageable parts on it to sell to flip a small profit.

I haven't got to see the damage personally but I think the engine for the most part is good to go, most damage is on the right side and front. From the pic it looks like a lot of good parts still there. I wish I can see it personally but don't feel like making the drive to the storage yard where its at.

I'll probably pass, I suppose if someone was real interested I could buy it and sell it to them, dunno... what you think?

181681d1269528122-another-busa-down-crash.jpg

forget it! unless your a snap mechanic that has a plan for the leftover machine, i'd let it go. looks like you'd be stick with a $2000 boat anchor. i just do not see any $$ in it for ya. maybe, and i mean maybe, might be able to part it out for that on e-bay. but then you have alot of work involved in taking it apart, boxing and shipping, exc.
any word on an offer from the insurance?
hows your wrist healin up?

p.s. i was looking at the dent on the tank! wow, ouch, wrists of titanium,balls of steel! :laugh:

Buy it back man. My 03 was totaled I bought back and resurrected. Its almost beautiful again after the wreck my son had on it. But none the less, have you seen how much these parts are selling for?? Even if you dont fix. theres money to be made. Good luck, why I Am Almost Temped To...:whistle:

If you do end up buying it back and the slip-ons are in pretty good shape, I will take them off your hands. Good luck with making your decision.

By the look of in the pic, the motor doesn't seem to have any damage.

If that is the case, you could part it out, the motor, is worth more that the buy back!

Im with GixerHP, buy it back and sell the motor. Could probly get rid of most of it without alot of problems.

Buy it back and part it out. You'll double, maybe triple your money.

Last edited:
I think also you should buy it back and list it as is for 3500-4000 on eBay .
08 Busa with Salvage title . Take a bunch of pics .
Somebody else I bet will buy it as is and you won't even have to turn a wrench !
???

1,800 is a deal... If you don't buy it, it will go to auction and someone else will pay at least 4,000 for it and the insurance company will make the profit. Best of luck to you! :beerchug:

wouldnt bother personaly been there before , you end up selling most of it just get your money back if your lucky , and still have a shed full of ballast you dont know what to do with . plus all the head ache with selling & mailing what you did sell on
so i would rather let it go , get me new ride , enjoy it , no hassle :thumbsup:

Dude buy that thing back if the motor is OK then there is your investment +

The rear looks alright also I believe you could make some $$$ :thumbsup:

buy it and take it to auction title in hand .
Like another said somebody will buy it there for 3-4 k

Back