Wow!

NICE N EASY

Registered
Hi,
just want to share my experience of owning a "Lip". I have a 03 BUsa which I bought July, 04 and have 5700 mi, set up for sport touring. As many of you have experienced, the stock screen just lets the wind pound you in the chest and the midsection. I had a standard Laminar Lip on my Bandit. So I got one for the Busa. It made an appreciable difference. First, of all, it deflects the wind coming at you, softens and diffuses it, raises so what you feel is indirect air flow at shoulder and helmet level. At lower speeds, @50 mph or less, you feel very little wind at all. At highway speeds, you're able travel much more comfortably, you'll have more wind, but less so than without it. I recently, picked up a Touring lip which is marginally larger and taller but offers even better wind protection. I don't have any more helmet buffeting and it raises the air pocket to above my helmet. I was coming back from a ride and I passed 2 guys on sportbikes hunched over their tanks trying hide behind screens at 90 mph in the car pool lane and I was sitting upright, comfortable and not hanging on to the handlebars for dear life or crouching down. The lip comes in either smoke or clear and in my opinion it compliments the lines of the original screen. It's an an acrylic air foil which is shaped to follow the lines of the stock windscreen, it attaches with 3M Dual locks and uses the stock windshield screws and can be removed easily. If you're interested in real wind protection and can get past the look, I would defintely recommmend taking a hard look at it.
Ride safe.
Rafael

Right on now you just need some pics
biggrin.gif

I don't have a digital camera so I don't have any picutres. But you can go the LaminarLIp.com website and check out the Busa with both types of lips. Take care. Rafael

Looks good.... .looks like its going to give some really good protection against wind, but dont you think it will disrupt the aerodynamics of the bike
rock.gif

Well, that's a good question, if you consider that this bike was designed for the rider to be crouching down behind the windscreen , then yes. But, in reality, most of us ride in the semi sitting up position which I'm sure affects the aerodynaimcs anyway. Just my opinion.

Looks good.... .looks like its going to give some really good protection against wind, but dont you think it will disrupt the aerodynamics of the bike
rock.gif
Well, yes, it might rob you of 5-10 mph off the top end.   So that is going to mean that now you will only be able to hit 210.......
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|HeliBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115266413 -->

Back