Wobble Wobble

bbbsleeper

Registered
So I'm always used to riding wheelies, but that sitting down. Standing up wasn't a whole different ball game but when I pull up I do a long slow wobble, then the problem came when I sat the bike back down, it started to tank slap. Is this because of to much unstable weight on the front wheel or what? Thank god for a stock steering dampner. I'm possitive that is what saved my butt.

Any suggestions or reasons.

DSCN1351.JPG

So I'm always used to riding wheelies, but that sitting down.  Standing up wasn't a whole different ball game but when I pull up I do a long slow wobble, then the problem came when I sat the bike back down, it started to tank slap.  Is this because of to much unstable weight on the front wheel or what?  Thank god for a stock steering dampner.  I'm possitive that is what saved my butt.  

Any suggestions or reasons.
It's those reflectors that are causing you to wobble...
biggrin.gif

Take those off man!
wink.gif

Hey man, where in MO do you live? I have friends in Wood River IL who ride Busas.

Postal.  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086203463 -->

Sorry about the reflectors, those are gone now, that pic is about 2 months old. That do look stupid, I must have looked retarded, well maybe to another busa rider. To everyone else in my crappy little town I'm that BA. I just wish someelse was around. To answer you question Postal, I live in Dexter, MO. In between Poplar Bluff And Sikeston, an hour from Cape.

That wobble will go away once you quit doing wheelies. BTW...nice bike and really nice avatar.
smile.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif

Have heard a lot of people saying that they noticed more wobbles on tires that were flat in the center. Once they put on new tires the wobble went away. I don't know this from personal experience but could be the problem

Not sure of the reason either although I have experienced some head shake at the end of 2nd backing off the throttle without a wheelie and have thought about an aftermarket damper. I did see a video online of a busa that did the exact thing your talking about except he ate it at about 80 on the freeway. Here take a look at it.

http://www.uponone.com/sortvideos-wheelies-viewed.php

It is about half way down the page and called Hayabusa Wobble. Check out the one right above it too called "long Wheelie".

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086211652 -->

Back