Winter sux, heres a short wormup vid...Brrrr

thats actually bad for ur bike. starting ur bike without riding builds up carbon, and its worst on ur battery thanjust disconnecting it for the winter.

I'm sorry you think so, it is no worse than worming up my Isuzu on a cold morning. As far as the battery goes, I run long enough to replace the amps used to start it. This engine is not a wimp, starts no matter how cold it is, Besides, as soon as this white stuff melts I will be out there riding (just a matter of days). If I knew the bike was a wimp I wouldn't have bought it........Cold must play heck on snowmobiles, they start in even colder weather. The busa engine is an extremly tough engine, A little cold weather wont hurt it and if it does i'm taking it back. No Ice and I ride, no matter the temp.

I use to have a problem with winters in NY also, solved that 12 years ago and headed South. Plenty worm(warm in English) here. I may be wrong but, I would like to say the engine needs to spin up around 4500RPM to start charging via the stator.

Folks saturday was 48 degrese and I went for a nice long ride, my battery is up and the bike is ready for the task @ hand. The snow should be gone in a day or two and I will be riding again so no hurt on the battery (cheap fix anyway). I can't speak for ya'll but I ride when ever I can and I know the bike is up to it, she likes the cold and runs better than ever. Give the bike some credit, it's a bad a$$ machine, not a starts hardly :poke:

No need to get so defensive about it.
It's your bike; do what you want with it.
He was talking about the condensation that builds up in the engine that doesn't get burnt off just sitting idling.

sorry if I sounded defensive, not intended. Just thought ya'll would like to see the babe running. No worries, I won't post any more vids. I wounder if my car is the same although I have been driving and worming it up for years. My old CB900 did well in the cold also with no ill affects.

it's a typo, post nazi, Ya'll go back to bed and wake up when you feel not so critical.
Friendly members my butt. is that all you got to do is to flame others.
Shoot, FRIENDLY MY YOU KNOW WHAT. Oh have a great new year and ENJOY YOUR RIDE!
Good by. I will lurk but you wont here from me again.......great place to make friends....sheesh!???

Lexx1100, if you reread your posts from above, your very first response was on the defensive side. Fremo66 stated a fact about the motorcycle that you disagreed with it and the conversation went south from there.

If you scroll up and read the post from Fremo66, you will notice that he used "ur" and I failed to comment on that because it was not repeated 4 times in a single thread. I was attempting to help out a fellow Busa rider in pointing out the fact that you were mistakingly using worm instead of warm. This is to include the comment on your video.

Have a nice day sir, and best of luck to you in the future.

Last edited:
it's a typo, post nazi, ya'll go back to bed and wake up when you feel not so critical.
Friendly members my butt. Is that all you got to do is to flame others.
Shoot, friendly my you know what. Oh have a great new year and enjoy your ride!
Good by. I will lurk but you wont here from me again.......great place to make friends....sheesh!???

:welcome::welcome:

Ya'll sorry about the outburst......I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and my spelling does some times suck. I loaded this video for all to enjoy, I didn't just want to post a video that some one else made and had been posted before. I thought thats what this thread was all about. If my spelling will keep ya'll from enjoying a vid then I just won't say anything. My teachers hated when I misspelled words and showed me with an F. I haven't got much better at it so please bear with me. I will try to do better in the future, in the mean time I will continue to post vids, some good some not so good, I would just like ya'll to enjoy them. In the past I was a MC mechanic and would never do a thing to hurt my scoot on purpose. That said and my apologies to all I will continue with my vids, if ya'll don't like them just let me know and I will stop. I will admit though that I like the home made vids much more than the copy and paste type. If ya'll want to ban me I guess that's ok, not much I can do about it. Just do one favor for me, if a member doesn't spell well don't let that ruin the joy felt when a person finds this forum.
Thanks Ya'll :beerchug:
Rick....
ps
Let me know yay or nay, Thanks

No problem at all Rick.
This is a good board with a lot of good people.
Sometimes you'll get harassed; everyone does, but majority of the time it is good fun and not meant to hurt someones feelings.
Keep posting up. :rulez:

Also, if my post offended you then my apologies.
I was just stating what I have always heard.
Different strokes for different folks. :whistle:

sorry if I sounded defensive, not intended. Just thought ya'll would like to see the babe running. No worries, I won't post any more vids. I wounder if my car is the same although I have been driving and worming it up for years. My old CB900 did well in the cold also with no ill affects.

Wonder is the correct spelling :rofl: Sorry i couldnt help it.

:welcome: To the Org. They are just trying to help! :beerchug:

Back