Wind screen (shield) - aftermarket

Crago

Registered
Anyone recommend a double bubble or other type of after market screen - if so what makes? (really needs to be available in England but we can get most makes)

Crago, I opted for the Zero Gravity Double Bubble smoke for about $70 (US) and am very pleased with it. The material is thinner than the stock windscreen, but it is very high quality. At first it had a tendency to "squeak" while riding, probably due to vibration, but I simply removed it and put black electric tape over the tabs (which are hidden when screen is installed), and it solved the problem perfectly. I'd highly recommend it!

Crago,I got an airflow in solid black(same as d/b) from Carnell big bike book,good quality,easy to fit and looks ace.£35+£5 delivery.
ernaehrung004.gif

I have been running with Zero G. double B. deep smoke. I have been very pleased with it. The race version is only about 1 1/2 inches higher over stock. It is just enough to help with the widnd flow and still looks great.

I'm using the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen in the light smoke. Huge difference over the stock one from Suzuki!! The wind goes right up and over me.

Z.

I happen to have BOTH the Zero Gravity Double Bubble, and Sport Touring Windscreens. I love the ST, because its tall enough to get the wind at/above helmet level - I am taller than the average rider, and the stock and mostly the Double Bubble push the wind right at my neck, which gets a bit chilly in fall/spring. The Double Bubble is very cool, but only slightly taller than stock (on the order of 1/2" or so, based on my semi-crude measurements).

Bwilken. You said youre taller than most,I am about 5'10 and live in oklahoma were the winds come sweeping down the plains.(lol)Which of the two screens would fit me best? I am more of a sit up style rider!

If your more of a sit up style rider go with sport touring it will give the best wind protection..............................Knebnr

Ok I'm checking in at 5'7 and i have the zero gravity sport touring screen. It looks so-so, not as sleek as the double bubble, but i wouldn't trade it on a long ride. I noticed the lessened pressure on my shoulders immediately. I'm convinced it really made a difference one night i had to ride home on the hiighway in about 40 degree weather not counting the chill factor. Well pleased, but i keep the stock just in case i need the sleek look when i hit the beach

Back