Will not Rev over 6K rpm

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
Not my Busa problem......

One of my Marines has a CBR 929 RR. Problem: Bike will not rev over 6K rpms, any ideas on what he should look at?

Thanks for helping,

DD

Not my Busa problem......

One of my Marines has a CBR 929 RR.  Problem:  Bike will not rev over 6K rpms, any ideas on what he should look at?

Thanks for helping,

DD
a Suzuki 1K??
shutup.gif
whistling.gif
laugh.gif
lol1.gif

sorry... i couldnt resist. I have nothing of importance to add
bump.gif

The exhaust backpressure valve under the bike is a big problem with the 929/954 hondas.The servo motor that operates this valve via 2 cables has crappy plastic gears in them and they eventually fail.This makes the valve stay shut when it should be open & totally kills HP & wont let the engine rev up. Hope this helps
smile.gif

The exhaust backpressure valve under the bike is a big problem with the 929/954 hondas.The servo motor that operates this valve via 2 cables has crappy plastic gears in them and they eventually fail.This makes the valve stay shut when it should be open & totally kills HP & wont let the engine rev up.  Hope this helps  
smile.gif
Do you have a fix for it?

The exhaust backpressure valve under the bike is a big problem with the 929/954 hondas.The servo motor that operates this valve via 2 cables has crappy plastic gears in them and they eventually fail.This makes the valve stay shut when it should be open & totally kills HP & wont let the engine rev up.  Hope this helps  
smile.gif
Outstanding Help....I will have him look at this.

If its like the Yamaha Exup Valve set up with the cables connected to it, just unhook the cables so that the servo can't open/close the little flap in the exhaust...

knowing how it runs up to and during the problem (shuts off, noses over, loads up, starts shooting ducks) is a big help too.. (all have different causes)

If its like the Yamaha Exup Valve set up with the cables connected to it, just unhook the cables so that the servo can't open/close the little flap in the exhaust...
This will work as a temporary fix (make sure the valve is open at all times).The bike will still be underpowered and will not run at its peak performance levels untill properly repaired.You can usually find a used servo at a salvage yard or get a new one from a honda dealer.

This will work as a temporary fix (make sure the valve is open at all times).The bike will still be underpowered and will not run at its peak performance levels untill properly repaired.You can usually find a used servo at a salvage yard or get a new one from a honda dealer.
guessing they use this valve to create some back pressure to build torque at lower rpms?

My first thing would be fuel pump or filter, but Steve is infinitely better with bikes than me so I'd go with his thoughts.

regulator on fuel pump is going bad...or if he had tank up recently the lines on the will kink easily as there is no quick disconnect and if not adjusted right will cause it also...

Back