Why the buzz?

mr8ball

Registered
I took the double bubble off my bike and put the stock screen back on. I now have a buzz that sounds like a bee at about 3500 to 4K RPM. I took it back off and check everything but it's still doing it. I know it's the screen because when I grab it the buzz stops. I know I could put some kind of a shim between the screen and the housing but I don't want to warp it. It had never made this noise with the DB on it and did not do it when it was new. Any suggestions of why it might be doing this? Thanks in advance

it is possible that the dbl bubble was just a tiny bit different shape and now the plastic has warped to the dbl bubble shape and the stock is now out of shape. a shim may be the answer.

Add a little electric tape to the front nose portion of the windscreen.

I had the same problem when I put my double bubble on, a lil foam tape helped out my problem.

wrap the edge that tucks in the faring with a piece of electrical tape. 1 piece, 1/2 on one side of the screen 1/2 on the other.
also check to see if your controls are totally clearing the screen as my DB touches the brake resistor just slightly and buzzes a little.

i hope that helps ya.

So I know this thread is old, but I wanted to thank everyone for their advice. My gen I developed a very annoying buzz, the tape worked like a charm. No more buzz and all is right with the world.

Also want to chime in and thank everyone as well. Worked like a charm for me. I placed, perhaps a bit over board, 5 strategically placed tiny strips of electrical tape alone the edge of the windscreen, equally spaced. Worked perfectly. Love my new 'Busa even more. Coolest bit of course, is that you can't see the "fix" at all. Perfect.

You have to take the screws out and pull the insert out where the screws are. I found it helped to spray a little WD40 around the insert before trying to pull them out. After you take them out the shield lifts right out. It might be a thread somewhere on the removal and install of it. Do a search you might get lucky.

Here is a video on how to do it First Gen Busa but it's the same for the Gen II

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guy's.I appreciate it. So the only thing that's left is the sound from that clutch.
When I press the clutch is quet and smooth bike,release it and you feel some kind of rattle or grinding.

Old topic, but I was searchin.
Had the bike all apart for my 600 mile check. Also installed HID, Stebel, ecu flash, etc. during first ride when done, I got the buzz at 3500. Found this post and am pretty relieved as I am sure it is the screen since I did have it off. Ordering a DB, so will wait and use tape installing it.
This site truely rocks!
Troy

Back