Why ride...

PastorJeff...accidents will happen whether your on a bike, car, boat, airplane and even when your waking. So would you stop doing all those things because your afraid of having an accident, Of course not. The only thing we can do is enjoy what ever it is we want and have the passion to do and do it as safely as we can. Like you said "I believe God is in control and nothing happens without his approval" So with that said, go get that Hayabusa take God as your co-pilot and enjoy the freedom of the open road. Just be safe!  
race.gif
hmhmhm sorry flyboy, but God is my PILOT and I'm the co-pilot
wink.gif

Wow...you guys have given me some GREAT stuff.  

Let me clarify...I am not afraid to ride, so I really don't need to save for a boat or a fast car (I already have a 320hp Mustang 5.0).  My thing is this...is it safe to ride a motorcycle.  Everything has it's risks, and I have faced many in my 35 years (that is another story) so fear is not a real issue.  BUT if motorcycling is THAT unsafe, then it would be a risk that I am unwilling to take.  For me, coming home to my beautiful wife, daughter, and spunky son are my highest priority.

BUT...with that said, you all have put my mind at ease that I can truly head into this knowing that I have a HUGE margin for safety...but I have to do my part.

That is what I was looking for.

Good stuff guys/gals!

Jeffrey
Just take it slow, stay out of rush hour traffic for a couple months, practice practice practice.... You need to make the operation of your bike transparant so you can expend your energy watching your surroundings...

You have it pretty well down, just remember that you are solely responsible for your safety out there.

Just make certain you are having fun...

Back