why let your busa be the next fall over victim?

OB_THE MOTORHEAD

Registered
slot 1 hole on your side stand you'll know which one.or i can post some pics.to increase the angle of the stand.reputation is far more important than you know.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 19 July 2000).]

MH, I BOUGHT THE CENTER STAND AND LOVE IT! HAVN'T HAD ANY CLEARANCE PROBLEMS YET, AND WHY'S EVERYBODY WORRIED ABOUT EXTRA WEIGHT? ARE THEY ALL TRYING TO BREAK SOME F#@* LAND SPEED RECORD OR SOMETHING? I DON'T GET IT! THE BUSA KICKS A$$ PERIOD!WITH OR WITHOUT IT!

ok if you want this you got it.just slot the 1 hole that the stand gets held on by and leave the other as is.this will increse the angle toward the front and your set but you'll have to use a different bolt.i stand corrected . my heart was ahead of my brain.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 19 July 2000).]

I just took a flat file and filed the sidestand where it meets the frame in down position. You can file off enough to get stand way farther than you need and doesn't hurt strength of stand. Do not have to change bolts, spring, or anything else. A little black paint on filed spot and no one will know its ever been touched. Don't make this any harder than it has to be. No money involved, just labor.

Dont half asss it, first the aluminum sealers then a redesigned stand from billet aluminum. No more bullshitt and a 5lb weight savings.

I got the Suzuki swing arm stand that uses the swing arm buttons. It's not the most aesthetically appealing stand, but it fits snug on my bike so there's very little movement once it's on. What I really like about the stand is the wheels are big so it's very stable. It also allows me to push the bike back & forth in the garage & driveway so it's easy to clean the front wheel(wash one half, move bike, wash the other) or position the shraeder valves to air up the tires, or if I have to move the bike out of the way. It's better than the centerstand I used for years on my ZX11, because once it's up, you can't move the bike without bringing the stand up again. It's just a slight inconvenience yes, but once I went with the swing arm stands, I don't think I'll ever go back to the centerstand. On a sloped driveway like mine, the swing arm stands gives me more stability as well as mobility during maintenance & cleaning.

Omega,

Got any picks of that billet stand? Any ideas on price and availability?

Gotta agree that the fix is as simple as filing away some material from the area where the stop meets.

Just 1/8" moves the stand almost 3/4" forward, plenty to fix the problem.

I am still interested in that billet stand though.

OH NUTS IS TOO DRUNK TO TALK ON FONE BUT STILL TYPING???

Think I'm gonna prank call his *** the rest of the night!!!

Back