Why do you post on line?

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
I ask this as my wife asked me the other day...why do you spend so much time posting online to people you will never meet?

I had to think about this for awhile and answer...I have met them! I have met them through their words and pictures and I have been able to become part of their own family where they live. There is a shared passion that goes beyond the brand of Suzuki's Hayabusa and into the essences of pure motorcycle riding. Many of us have bikes other then the busa and yet we have only a limited number of friends that we directly interact with on a daily basis we can share that passion with.

Yes our spouses and significant others hear our words and share our ups and downs with each bike along with the cost of putting them on the road...but there is nothing like the friendship of others who are in the same place as us doing similar things...if even seperated by miles of the road...IMO we are an extended family. I love to hear your stories and share in your lives and hope in some part I have some contribution that adds something back to you that is positive.

So...why do you post online?

Many of the reasons you listed ring true with me, heck I rode from NJ to TN with Zukracer, i guy i had never met only writen to hear then talked on the phone.
Other than, nobody off line really likes me:whistle:

People come hear seeking knowledge, inspiration, help or solutions for problems with but not limited to the Busa. I have met a few fellow members.

because i want people to appreciate me for me...and extend my realm of influence. as local people sometimes go stale...

I post online because posting on a fence doesn't do the trick.

Usually, I join a forum to shoot ideas to/receive ideas from some people that I already know face to face. Then, through the miracle of the interwebs (Thank you Henry Rollins), other people read it, decide that I'm not a complete waste of flesh and bone and skin and join in the conversation. Sometimes, I meet these people, sometimes I don't. But, every one of them, even the bad/negative ones add to the conversation and thus the sense of community.

You're spot on in saying that it goes beyond the Hayabusa to a group of people who love motorcycles and that we usually only have a few friends that we share this love with.

short version...
larger community = more people to share with = more fun.

I post online mostly because I have no life, nothing better to do, and people don't like me in real life. I have come here to have imaginary friends.

Hell, I don't even really have a 'Busa. I stole my pics from some guys Myspace page, and have been faking it the whole time. :whistle:

:rofl:

The information I have learned from others on the internet has been invaluable to me and I hope I can provide the same for others. :beerchug:

I post online mostly because I have no life, nothing better to do, and people don't like me in real life. I have come here to have imaginary friends.

Hell, I don't even really have a 'Busa. I stole my pics from some guys Myspace page, and have been faking it the whole time. :whistle:

:rofl:

He stole my answer! :rofl:

i came here to get answers to some questions i had about modding Lucy...a couple months later, i hopped on Lucy and ended up with about 20 other members in Eureka Springs, AR having the time of my life...during the winter months, i got to know quite a few other members on-line

one of the members from Eureka Springs, GSXcite, told me i had to go to the Bash the next spring and even let me put Lucy in his trailer for the trip since i had just got off work that morning...i met a lot of folks there and just continued traveling and making more friends...over the last few years, i've met a few hundred members and been from NC to the Gulf Coast to Nevada to Wisconsin

why do i post? to communicate with my friends, find the next mod for Lucy, and plan the next trip :beerchug:

Last edited:
I have a disease called "can't-leave-sh!t-alone'itus". This is where anything I own can't be left alone. So in order to educate myself about my new addiction I seek knowledge from others who have been there & done that. This helps me make calculated decisions on what the next modification will be in order to make it better, faster, and more enjoyable. Meeting people along the way and making connections with some are just a byproduct. :beerchug:

I post here to further my knowledge regarding my first Busa .
To meet new friends and hear about their lives elsewhere but mostly I post just to wait and see what Aces response is gonna be :rofl:

Ace :kiss:

I post here to further my knowledge regarding my first Busa .
To meet new friends and hear about their lives elsewhere but mostly I post just to wait and see what Aces response is gonna be :rofl:

Ace :kiss:

This is my second to the last response to anything you have to say. To hear my LAST response, you'll have to see me in person. Spring Bash Blanca?

This is my second to the last response to anything you have to say. To hear my LAST response, you'll have to see me in person. Spring Bash Blanca?
Hey now! You are crossing the line here Ace! I am the only person that is allowed to be a d!ckhead here.

In all seriousness.

If it wasn't for this place:

I wouldn't know what vapor lock is. I would have spent hundreds taking my bike to the shop to figure out why it was dying at the first stop light I came to after a long ride in 120+ temps. I wouldn't have known that it is a common problem with 99 and 00 models because of the external fuel pump.

I wouldn't have known about said fuel pumps having deposit problems, or how to do the inline fuel filter mod. I'd still be driving around with a clogged up nasty fuel filter.

I wouldn't have gone to my first track day and had the time of my life with new friends who let me garage with them, use their tools, and helped prep my bike for tech. I would have been completely lost out there on my own. (thanks omslaw, gsxcite, busawhipped)

I've been offered a trailer to put my bike on, in exchange for driving rotations, and good company, and be picked up to go to events.

Now there's an invite for total strangers to spend a weekend at the caps house.. talk about hospitality!

Awesome people, amazing information resource, and guys n gals who will chip in when the chips are down.

No, you won't get along with ALL of them, but the ones you do make this place amazing.

:thumbsup:

Why would I show up to a bash to have a mod possibly threaten me in person when I can get that from same one here ?
Say whatever you want here.
I've done nothing to you but you obv seem to like to try to push peoples buttons .

Last edited:
You both need to go to your own corners and leave each other be. Blanca, stop fueling the fire.:poke:

Back