Why am i getting no compression after head install ???

Raced Guy

Registered
I have done the head a few times now and never had any issues. This time around i had a problem with the plugs so i had to pull the head. I got the head gone through and reassembled. I put it back in and it seemed like i didnt have the timing right so i pulled it back out re did it and double checked it. I got it back in and it has 0 compression and all my timing marks are lining up. Am i just not timing it right??? The motor ran just fine before i took the head off. Im really baffled right now and it may just be something easy im missing but im just frustrated right now. Any ideas ???

Last edited:
Did you use the same shims when you put it back together? If they even touched the valves and you used the same shims without checking the clearance then your valves are hung open.

Yeah, im just gonna go real slow and hope i get it this time. I dont know why im having such a brain fart :poke:

Vlaves are all fine i looked at them. Is there any special procedures with the ape cam sprockets. When i line it up and i put the cam holders on, the intake valves on 1 are open, shouldnt they be ready to open not open.

I don't know about the APE sprockets but the intake cams should be 180 crank degress past fully open, about 90* on the cam. In short the cam lobe should be pointing more or less towards the rear of the engine and the exhaust cam should be pointing the opposite way, with number one on TDC.

Who press the sprockets on the cams?

If you pressed them on, did you follow the instructions,, of where to line up the hash marks in reference to the lines on the end of the cams?

Who press the sprockets on the cams?

If you pressed them on, did you follow the instructions,, of where to line up the hash marks in reference to the lines on the end of the cams?

If you are local Gixer and I can take a look
we have done one or one hundred of them
like GPW said also bring it to TDC and take a picture of the sprocket end
and we should know more

GPW you coming to loring next year?

Back