Who's using a Muzzy Fan

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I just ordered my muzzy fan to help cool the busa on hot days. I read in a post that I should bend the blades, has anyone done this? If so how much to you bend them?
Will it keep the busa cool enough on a hot day say above 95?

I have installed a Muzzy aum fan on all my bikes. the plastic fans are crap and also may melt if aftermarket headers are too close.

I have one on my 03 Busa and you should not have to bend any blades. The fan runs very close to the radiator as it is. If you distort the blades it could hit the rad. I would leave it alone and follow the enclosed instructions.Very simple install.

Mantra -
Some of the fans have blades the contact the shroud or cage, and the instructions tell you to either trim or bend the blades to prevent rubbing. Mine required no bending, and I haven't had any heat issues like I did with the stock fan. It is very easy installation, remove both lower fairings, remove the connector on the left, two bolts on the left and one in the center (between the headers) then pull the fan and shroud through the left side. Once the assembly is off, remove the three screws holding the stock fan on and replace the fan with the included washer/gasket. With fairing removal, I was done in about 40 mins. Hope this helps.

Sounds like another mod to add to my list.
smile.gif

I installed my Muzzy fan when I changed to my Arata system. I did not have to bend or cut any of the blades...

I installed the Muzzy fan on my Elenor recently... it works like a charm, and it fit in stock! No need to beand anything. As a matter of fact, if you do end up bending any part of the fan... you will just screw it up IMO
smile.gif

Add me to the list of folks that have installed the Muzzy fan. Hadn't had any heating issues, but wanting to do what I could to prevent them.

you DO NOT bend anything I have installed more than 40 and not once bent anything
Yet another Internet B.S. post

Back