whos liking the Conti Motions ????

bikerboy2182

Registered
i had them on my 600 and now just got a set for my busa. im lowered and streched and just putt around town and put alot of miles on. how are urs holding up to the weight of the busa?

I used them for my winter riding last year before pulling them in the spring. I've put about 4k on them before pulling them and packing them up to use later. Maybe 2k left on the tires before the trash can gets them. Not a bad tire for the money if you don't smoke the curves.

I just put a set of these on the busa and have gotten about 250 miles on them so far. My impression to date is that they stick well enough and have taken everything i have thrown at them without any problem. I had 3/8" chicken strips on the worn out BT016's when replaced. Not a big risk taker in the corners but am not a grandmother either. This last weekend on the 2nd ride on the tires I pushed the bike and tires harder than I had in a long time. A big mix of fast hard twisties, freeway, stop and go commuter traffic and general cruising. The route included new asphalt pavement (love it), concrete freeways and old rough asphalt pavement. the bike felt very planted and stuck well in all situations. All driving input was received well by the bike and results were very predictable, no surprises except for the cattle guard i hit under heavy accel which caused a little spin.... if these continue to grip this way and get me 6 or 7k miles of treadlife I may have a new go to tire.

i'm running Jinksters suspension setup and i did not change anything form 016's to the conti's. very much digging them for the price. i'd say that i am not agressive about 75% of the time and 25% i am looking for a rush. that equation does not require super soft tires that will not wear well (esp with the weight of the busa and my 235lbs). these seem to be a good compromise.

I put them on my busa for commuting and so far have put 5000+ on them and they still look brand new. Definitely not a track tire but if ur tourinf or commuting id definitely suggest them.

Back