Who has the best drugs?

@ROADTOAD1340 Mr Brown and Six answered it far better than I could have.
What a mess that fledgling industry is in ..... Pretty easy to understand Mr.Brown or Six's explanations about illegal money to be made if able to undercut market .... and even more interesting , the fact that state and federal law makers are at odds . So , the actual answer @Dougyp333 I was looking for is 'not really working smoothly' ??

What a mess that
fledgling industry is in . . .

Pretty easy to understand

Mr . Brown or Six's explanations
about illegal money to be made

if able to undercut market . . .

And even more interesting ,
the fact that state and federal
law makers are at odds . . .

So ,
the actual

answer @Dougyp333
I was looking for is
' not really working smoothly ' ? ? ?

:banghead:

What a mess that fledgling industry is in ..... Pretty easy to understand Mr.Brown or Six's explanations about illegal money to be made if able to undercut market .... and even more interesting , the fact that state and federal law makers are at odds . So , the actual answer @Dougyp333 I was looking for is 'not really working smoothly' ??

Not smoothly at all. Another consideration is the fact that people now travel to buy pot "legally" in places like Colorado and then travel back to their home state with it. That could be multiple Felonies committed right there.

Homelessness rates in states/cities that don't enforce drug laws are rising rapidly as many of the addicted move to reduce the chances of going to jail.

These are of course all first world problems because we have enough resources support these people. I am very much a small government libertarian so I am not a fan of drug laws in general, by the same token I am not a fan of the social safety net either. You want to take drugs. Fine be my guest. You freeze or starve to death because you have no money, not my problem.

Not smoothly at all. Another consideration is the fact that people now travel to buy pot "legally" in places like Colorado and then travel back to their home state with it. That could be multiple Felonies committed right there.

Homelessness rates in states/cities that don't enforce drug laws are rising rapidly as many of the addicted move to reduce the chances of going to jail.

These are of course all first world problems because we have enough resources support these people. I am very much a small government libertarian so I am not a fan of drug laws in general, by the same token I am not a fan of the social safety net either. You want to take drugs. Fine be my guest. You freeze or starve to death because you have no money, not my problem.
Valid points, I don't agree with all of them, but valid nonetheless. I think that curtailing the government's intrusion into our lives is a good thing, but we still need intervention.

Homelessness and "drug" problems are Not weed problems.
Weed is Not chemically addictive like narcotics, but considered as habit forming, to those who like it.
Nobody ever O.D'd on weed.
Weed has more positive effects than negative. It is even better for you than alcohol.
Homeless drug addicts may smoke weed, but it's not what's causing their problems.
Heroin, meth, coke, crack, And Perscription pain killers are real drugs that Ruin Lives.
Weed is unfairly categorized with them.
And why? Political bs. A Florida politician built his career on demonizing weed in the late 40's early 50's because some physco killed his family with an axe...who never smoked weed.
Government research in the 60's was bs too.
Big pharmacy hates the idea of it's many medical benefits. Why? Because a weed can do more than most of their bs drugs...without the side effects.
The money potential is the only reason laws are swaying in weed's favor now.
Misdirection, the U.S governments specialty.
Can weed be abused and have negative effects? Absoloutely...and please tell me anything that cannot.
Katt Williams said it best;
"It's a plant, that if you should so happen to set on fire, you get 3 side effects...happy, hungry, sleepy."

Valid points, I don't agree with all of them, but valid nonetheless. I think that curtailing the government's intrusion into our lives is a good thing, but we still need intervention.

We've had this discussion before and we just disagree on the level of .gov intervention but nothing wrong with that.

Homelessness and "drug" problems are Not weed problems.
Weed is Not chemically addictive like narcotics, but considered as habit forming, to those who like it.
Nobody ever O.D'd on weed.
Weed has more positive effects than negative. It is even better for you than alcohol.
Homeless drug addicts may smoke weed, but it's not what's causing their problems.
Heroin, meth, coke, crack, And Perscription pain killers are real drugs that Ruin Lives.
Weed is unfairly categorized with them.
And why? Political bs. A Florida politician built his career on demonizing weed in the late 40's early 50's because some physco killed his family with an axe...who never smoked weed.
Government research in the 60's was bs too.
Big pharmacy hates the idea of it's many medical benefits. Why? Because a weed can do more than most of their bs drugs...without the side effects.
The money potential is the only reason laws are swaying in weed's favor now.
Misdirection, the U.S governments specialty.
Can weed be abused and have negative effects? Absoloutely...and please tell me anything that cannot.
Katt Williams said it best;
"It's a plant, that if you should so happen to set on fire, you get 3 side effects...happy, hungry, sleepy."

Yes weed is very different than other "harder" drugs but many abuse it one the less. I have friends from my high school days that still get high everyday they live in crap apartments, work dead-end minimum wage jobs and are most likely overpaid for the work they do. Maybe they would have taken the same path with out weed but I kind of doubt it.

Like I said before not a fan of drug laws but I don't want to pay for someone else's choices.

We've had this discussion before and we just disagree on the level of .gov intervention but nothing wrong with that.

Yes weed is very different than other "harder" drugs but many abuse it one the less. I have friends from my high school days that still get high everyday they live in crap apartments, work dead-end minimum wage jobs and are most likely overpaid for the work they do. Maybe they would have taken the same path with out weed but I kind of doubt it.

Like I said before not a fan of drug laws but I don't want to pay for someone else's choices.

I have friends that basically do nothing but smoke weed.
I also know several engineers, businessmen, and a former/now retired plant manager that smoke, and All are highly sucessful in the world's eyes.
As said, no worse than alcohol, and actually better. Many a drunk has ruined their lives and others...and many sucessful people drink daily, without driving or harming those around them.
I don't see weed as a problem I'm paying taxes on. Other than tremendous money wasted combatting an imaginary problem

I have friends that basically do nothing but smoke weed.
I also know several engineers, businessmen, and a former/now retired plant manager that smoke, and All are highly sucessful in the world's eyes.
As said, no worse than alcohol, and actually better. Many a drunk has ruined their lives and others...and many sucessful people drink daily, without driving or harming those around them.
I don't see weed as a problem I'm paying taxes on. Other than tremendous money wasted combatting an imaginary problem

I don't have a problem with the choices people make, it's when I am asked to support those people through the welfare system, to include rehab funded with tax dollars, that I take offense. I would agree that money spent on the war on drugs (non-violet) offenders is largely a waste of money.

All that referring to original question on the weed industry mate ?
Blanket decriminalize weed both Fed and State , put all that freed up law enforcement resource into the real problem of hard drugs , and have a proper go at it . Good luck

All that referring to original question on the weed industry mate ?
Blanket decriminalize weed both Fed and State , put all that freed up law enforcement resource into the real problem of hard drugs , and have a proper go at it . Good luck
The problem with that approach is the vested interest part of the population has in A) the criminal justice system and B) the criminalization of certain types of drugs.
There are class and race components to both, but setting that aside for a moment, consider that the pharmaceutical industry has a huge stake in keeping weed illegal. If it's legalized, they stand to lose billions. They will spend millions in open and hidden contributions to political officials to protect that revenue. Since it costs a lot of money to run a successful campaign, candidates are more than happy to accept their donations. If I've given you several hundred thousand dollars, how likely is it that you'll answer the phone when I call?
Starting to see the problem?

Back