WHO HAS A "Dead Man's Switch" ?

Creekboy

Registered
Last year when I went down in the Dragon my bike was still running and gas going everywhere. Im heading up North this weekend, and intend to Drag race at a track I ran a pro gas bike at for 7 yrs. I realized to ride my bike I had to have the kill switch or what they call a "Dead Mans" switch on the bike so today I put one on. Personally I think its a great extra safety item..any thoughts...

I dunno, I figure that's what the tip over switch is for. I cannot really think of any other use for it out on the street.

But for the track I suppose it's an extra margin and if modifications have removed the factory Tip-over, then it makes sense.

last year, NHRA changed rules for bikes, efi bikes with oem tip-over switches don't require tethered kill switches anymore. not sure what kind of wreck you had, but when I wrecked mine, she died..... in more ways than one.
sad.gif

'Fell off' my last busa and it just cut out , why would you need an extra kill switch , was it faulty ?

If I'm already not on the bike.. (or god forbid..actually dead) i'm not going to be overly concerned with where it's going next...

Obviously I hope it's going somewhere where there are no innocent bystanders and such.. but .. I'm sure i'll have more to worry about if the need ever arises.

Back