Does anyone know safety rules?

teezy

Registered
I ran a 9.99 and the track tech said I needed pants. Same night 2 of my friends ran 9's as well. Does anyone know the safety requirements the faster you go on a bike? or where to find them?

He said we needed pants....what time do you need a suit? or that dead man switch?

I would think the rules are based on the track you are at. Go to their website and look for rules there.. ???
:beerchug:

Mostly it depends on the track you are racing at.

If it is a NHRA track you can get to the rules online. However enforcement and interpretation of those rules may vary track to track.

Under NHRA mph drives the gear requirements. Lower ETs will require a license pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It varies track to track and depends on whose running things.

Not a bad idea to have a suit anyway. I know it's an expensive (and hot) way to look at things but after I almost looped my bike at the track I look at things a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most tracks follow nhra is put on the spot.
Over 120 and pants are required 9.99 or faster and a nhra license is required. Faster than 11's or 10's and a teather is required. Helmet is snell 2000 or newer and NHRA legal gloves are bulky. Look up the rules and see what all is required by nhra or ihra. the level of enforcement is a way different story. If our track wants you to have pants you need to have them but you are required to have more for that e/t

Back