which turbo?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
i'm stuck between a borg warner (bullseye) S256 and an AGP 50 trim. at the same boost level, the S256 makes about 10-15% more power, but the agp is available in a .48 hotside, so the spool would be awesome. the s256 is available as small as a .55, but has an extended tip compressor wheel, so the surge line is pushed further to the right, and spools like it has a smaller hotside, but without sacrificing flow on top.

i'm stuck between a borg warner (bullseye) S256 and an AGP 50 trim. at the same boost level, the S256 makes about 10-15% more power, but the agp is available in a .48 hotside, so the spool would be awesome. the s256 is available as small as a .55, but has an extended tip compressor wheel, so the surge line is pushed further to the right, and spools like it has a smaller hotside, but without sacrificing flow on top.

not even sure about any of those....Look into the turbo that boosted 2 has its a dual ball bearing garret that velocity uses. Fully spool at 4-5K I believe

Look at the compressor maps for both and choice the one that keeps you in the highest efficiency for the RPM you intend to use the most. Good luck!!:thumbsup:

not even sure about any of those....Look into the turbo that boosted 2 has its a dual ball bearing garret that velocity uses. Fully spool at 4-5K I believe

It's a GT2871R. Go the the Garrett site and look at all the compressor maps. There are 6 or 7 different combinations of this turbo. Use the link below to determine your lb/min or cfm vs. Boost vs. RPM and then plot it on the compressor map of choice. This should get you very close to what you desire.

CFM Calculations

2871 is too small. bullseyepower.com has a map for the S256. and the agp is similar to a 50 trim, but it's still bigger than a 2871.

2871 is too small. bullseyepower.com has a map for the S256. and the agp is similar to a 50 trim, but it's still bigger than a 2871.

Are you wanting over 450 hp? Must be building a pro-stock bike??

Yes that turbo is good for 450hp or close. Like I said talk to boosted2 and he could tell you exactly how it's manners are

Yes that turbo is good for 450hp or close. Like I said talk to boosted2 and he could tell you exactly how it's manners are

Destin is correct. Lawson has had a BIG turbo bike,......and downsized on his current bike. It's a hand full!! Turbo lag is non-existant in my opinion. The 60-165 mph roll-on that I did on it,.......was utterly FREAKIN' AWESOME!!:bowdown:

so a 2871 makes how much power on pump gas, in your current setup?

Using the A/W billet plenum its fari to say "boosted 2's" bike is making probably 350-380 HP depending on the quality of the air. 40 degrees being 380 and a hot day being 350. Maybe the gap is a little closer I'm not sure. Would you agree Lawson? Keep in mind his turbo maxes out at 450HP so its very efficient around 18lb but also produces higher temps since its smaller. This is all possible in his setup only by using the RCC Ultra Plenum he has on his bike and running 18lb on 93 octane

Using the A/W billet plenum its fari to say "boosted 2's" bike is making probably 350-380 HP depending on the quality of the air. 40 degrees being 380 and a hot day being 350. Maybe the gap is a little closer I'm not sure. Would you agree Lawson? Keep in mind his turbo maxes out at 450HP so its very efficient around 18lb but also produces higher temps since its smaller. This is all possible in his setup only by using the RCC Ultra Plenum he has on his bike and running 18lb on 93 octane
I'd say your spot on James.

i'm liking the compressor chart of the 3071 a bit more. but the S256 makes a bit more power and spools faster.

i'm liking the compressor chart of the 3071 a bit more. but the S256 makes a bit more power and spools faster.

Remember there are many more variables and compressor charts aren't really necessary to look at considering most of them do not perform as they appear. You are better describing what type of spool time and power you desire....because the pros and serious turbo guys have tried them all And can save you alot of guess work

Last edited:
Back