Which can should I go with, Yoshi R77 or M4

Supreme2u

Registered
What's up fam, I'm new to your forum but not to bikes. I've been riding about 17 years and have owned 2 R6's, 1 CBR 1000RR, 1 R1 and finally the big daddy of them all an '08 Busa that I picked up yesterday a.m. I've always replaced stock on my Yamaha bikes with Yoshi slip-ons and have been ok with the sound but I can't figure out what would go well with the mighty Busa. So far I really like the M4 with it's deep low roar, the Brocks sound nice and deep as well but they are pricey and made in Ohio (so I'm not sure how much experience they have on these Japanese bikes). The Yoshi R-77 sounds good but not as loud or deep as the M4 or Brock. Most of the videos that I have seen are guys starting them in a garage or some other type of enclosure when they should be doing the sound recording outside. The cops don't bother us either so I'm not worrying too much about tickets I just want the bike to sound bad@$$ and for cagers to hear me before they see me. Please convice me why I should stick with the Yoshi cans versus the other brands.

Brocks alien head is louder then the yoshi r77. I have the yoshi and enjoy the sound, but its not very loud. The cops here in my area can be a pain in the rear about loud pipes!

I just installed the Yosh R77 and it was quick and easy to do. They are not really loud. If you want sound check out HMF pipes. They make some great pipes.

i have a tsukigi
made in japan since '74
that enough experience? :laugh:
you can get 1 from schnitz for about a thou.
i love the thing

PM GPW here at the site. He is a tuner and a seller of many types of exhaust systems. He get you what you need!

Im happy with my R77's, had a Hindle and it was loud, don't like loud anymore. Lycan has M4's ask him about those.

08 Busa 011.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Hot Bodies tips on my 08, it was just to get the weights off, lol. I am torn between the R-77 slip-ons and the M4s.

My bike is very loud, cops haven't bothered me yet, but I lost a lot of low end torque, but gains a crap load of top end it's crazy.

I like the look of the M4 slip ons. Does anybody have a sound clip or flyby with them on.

I have more than enough power, just after a good look and better sound.

Thanks in advance guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the Hot Bodies tips on my 08, it was just to get the weights off, lol. I am torn between the R-77 slip-ons and the M4s.

My bike is very loud, cops haven't bothered me yet, but I lost a lot of low end torque, but gains a crap load of top end it's crazy.

I like the look of the M4 slip ons. Does anybody have a sound clip or flyby with them on.

I have more than enough power, just after a good look and better sound.

Thanks in advance guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yo, isn't this what I'm asking the "Busa Crew" here on this forum? I guess you want loud as well? I've been told the M4s are louder but the Yoshi is much better looking which I have to agree!

Do you want a full can, or are you willing to consider the megaphones? If all you care about is making a ton of noise, go with the latter.

the Yoshi is much better looking which I have to agree!

That was the deciding factor for me. Slipons don't increase power to any great extent, and the weight saving seems to be about the same on all of them. So it's simply a balance between sound and looks.

I love the looks of the carbon Yoshi cans and I want the neighbours to appreciate the sound of an amazing engine, not pull back the curtains and yell STFU!

That was the deciding factor for me. Slipons don't increase power to any great extent, and the weight saving seems to be about the same on all of them. So it's simply a balance between sound and looks.

I love the looks of the carbon Yoshi cans and I want the neighbours to appreciate the sound of an amazing engine, not pull back the curtains and yell STFU!

Good point! I'm so leaning toward the Yoshi cans and I'm very lucky to live in a somewhat peaceful neighborhood and I don't want my neighbors to think I'm trying to be some obnoxious tool. Thank you and anyone else that has taken the time to respond.

I went with the Yosh R77 full system with Carbon Fiber can. I am by no means a mechanic and installed the system with no problems. Funny part turbo had to come over & show me how to put the plastic back on. Not a loud system but loud enough for me. If you put the silencer in there they sound close to the stock cans.

This is my '05. I want to put the Yoshi R77 Gen 2 cans on it because the look is Awesome! The engine andexhaust is stock, i'm just looking for the look and sound of the R77 cans. Do I have to do Anything other than take the stock cans off and bolt on the R77s? If so what else? Thanks for your help brothers. Ride safe and stay upright.:laugh:

SANY3401.jpg

Yea let me sneak in on this thread. I am leaning towards the brock Gen lll. They have a 20" or 14" titanium can. I like the 14 for the looks but anybody here know if it is any louder?
I dont want the loudest anymore. :whistle:
Gary

Back