Which bike to pick .some advice here pls

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Ok Guys i have a question for ya .. need a piece of advice ..I have a good Friend of mine that has had a 600 katana for a year and has handled it well . he is looking at A GSXR 750 but here is the dilema the 750 are far & few right now and i found one and its going for 9800.00 and the GSXR 1000 are plentifull and are going for 9900.00 and the only difference i see is the $100.00 ,6 lbs weight no biggy here , he is currently a little scared of the 1000. i tell him since the seat height is the same ,same frame , he will do fine he is a responsible 33 yr .old opinions on this would be great ..Thanks

lemme get this straight....am I to understand this "friend of yours" is feeling like he might be endangering his life on a Gixxer 1000 but for some strange reasoning thinks everything will be just honky dory provided he sticks with a wimpy Gixxer750?......cause if that is indeed the case?...might I suggest he trade the 600 Kat for a 250 Ninja?...and use the spare change for a MSF course?...hey...you asked and that's my opinion.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

if it were my money , 1000 it would be , i think he will get bored from the 750 , and want to upgrade again !

the 750 is a fine bike, I'm too big for it. I would recomend the 1000 and gear it up so he don't wheelie all the time. He doesn't like your busa?

Prices are a little steep for both considering you can get a new Bus for 10k around here.

Like the other post said, if he is scared of a 1k then he should stick to his Kan o tuna.

If it's only $100 difference get the 1K....if he's gonna get stupid it won't matter
whether its a 750 or a 1000
wink.gif

Well, this is what I think...if he is going to upgrade from 600 then I recomend 1k cuz, from 600 to 750 isn't really too much differance his only happy about 2mo. tops maybe less, then he get to use "more F...word than scarface movie..."some other member was using these phrase...so for his age and experience he should be good for 1k...Jr.busa will be alright with him, I think...
argue.gif

<!--EDIT|ricebuzz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142503861 -->

lemme get this straight....am I to understand this "friend of yours" is feeling like he might be endangering his life on a Gixxer 1000 but for some strange reasoning thinks everything will be just honky dory provided he sticks with a wimpy Gixxer750?......cause if that is indeed the case?...might I suggest he trade the 600 Kat for a 250 Ninja?...and use the spare change for a MSF course?...hey...you asked and that's my opinion.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Does your friend realize that even the "little" 750 is putting out more rear wheel hp than a ZX-11 and weighs over 200 lbs less?
I checked out the 750's when I was bike shopping for the Busa.....those little Gixxers are schweeeeeett!! I actually liked the feel of it better than the 1000. Buuut.....they are far from small and harmless. The 1000 will have better resale value, and a WHOLE lot more torque. If he's really that afraid of the thou then he should reconsider the 750 as well. Or just use his brain to control his wrist....you tell the bike what to do...it doesn't decide on its own  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142505323 -->

with the weight of the Kat he already has the feel for the Busa just alot more power that he'll have to get used to. if he likes his Kat he'll LOVE THE BUSA
if he is into stunts he needs to stick to the 750 or the 1k

Ok Guys i have a question for ya .. need a piece of advice ..I have a good Friend of mine that has had a 600 katana for a year and has handled it well . he is looking at A GSXR 750 but here is the dilema the 750 are far & few right now and i found one and its going for 9800.00 and the GSXR 1000 are plentifull and are going for 9900.00 and the only difference i see is the $100.00 ,6 lbs weight no biggy here , he is currently a little scared of the 1000. i tell him since the seat height is the same ,same frame , he will do fine he is a responsible 33 yr .old opinions on this would be great ..Thanks
Plus the power difference.

Thanks For the input guys i don't think he wants a Busa He likes the idea of getting a lighter bike ..i will show him the replys ...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
A big +1 on that one.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Bill (aka - Sweet William) you have such a way with words. Spank a guys arse and he don't even know he's been spanked
tounge.gif
How are you liking that new pipe and mods?

My opinion on the Gixxer delima is, the new 750 puts as much power to the ground as the 1000's did on a few years ago. It's no pussy cat. It's a little less apt to bite you as is the 1K. That new 1K is a vicious piece of artillery and it will bite you quick if you attempt to spank it without the skill to do so.

My suggestion if he is nervous about the bigger bikes, buy a 600 and ride it for a summer then move on up. But if he is a 32 years old with some riding experience on the katana and capible of goo judgment, I think he'll be just fine on either the 750 or 1000? It boils down to good judgment and common sense during the learning curve. As on of the earlier posts suggested, the 1000 will be much easier to sell if he decides to part ways with it. If there is only a hundred bucks difference, by all means get the 1000. $ well spent.

If a 1000 fits buy it I’m sure your friend will never complain about the added performance. If your worried about a few pounds try a diet.

I'd love to add a 750 as a track only bike. I'm still gettin' the 1000 this summer for track but I've been eyeing that red/black 750 for quite some time. Who knows? I may just go get the 7.

Is he getting a good deal on new bikes, cause 9800 for a used bike is ridiculous. I was in the market for a new 1k but found the Busa for 9 so I had to go for it. But IMHO for those prices, if they are not new, I'd pass on both.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Bill (aka - Sweet William) you have such a way with words. Spank a guys arse and he don't even know he's been spanked  
tounge.gif
How are you liking that new pipe and mods?
Tuf....I think they call it..."Clairity"
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

and yes...I'm loving the new pipe and ivan mapped pc...and the positives I've noticed are...

1. Improved handling (due to losing about 30lbs of stock steel)

2. A much cleaner exhaust note at idle and a reeeeal smooth rundown on decel/engine braking.

3. Super smooth throttle response (even from part throttle)

4. A touch more power everywhere.

and finally?...

5. She fires right up from dead cold with no "Fast Idle"...as it should be...then again?...over the years I've noticed ivan seems to trademark his tuning "a touch fat down low"...and I don't mind that one bit.

Outside of that?...I also like that the akra race isn't all that much louder than stock under the casual commuter hand...and this dog don't bark till ya whip it...rode 180 miles north to bike week...I-95...stopped once..in titusville..100 miles north....no plugs...ears were fine...and I like that in a pipe.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

tounge.gif

cool.gif

Back