where to buy a fuel filter

samizx7

Registered
hey guys where can i buy a fuel filter for 1999 hayabusa. i do not want to spend alot of money of money. is there a fuel filter i could buy from a local automotive store. please let me know. thanks

I buy them at advance auto zone,i buy the clear glass with replceable element center....

nope i pull it apart,leave filter out near regulator,cut screen out the bottm also and put glass one inline,remove the screens inside each injector and you've just found yourself 1-2 hp and a better more responsive running bike.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135639251 -->

do you connect the filter before or after the fuel pump.after you remove fuel filter cartridge do you keep the spring and the plastic piece in front of it.

i just want to be clear, you remove the fuel filter cartridge and cut of the fuel mesh filter (one the bottom) you removed all the screen(including the small one near the fuel filter) and connect an inline fuel filter.(do you replace any of the oil rings or do you just leave them out.

thanks alot golden child you really a big help on this great board. thanks

I put my filter after the pump before it hits the injector heads.no once i split the pumpi pull the clear now probably yellow piece out pump with screen on it,cut screen ou,reinstall,put pump in,a little silicone to create a good seal,let dry,and then i pull injectors carefully to get screens outof tops,reinstall,putpump on run longer line from pump to filter and then to rail and your done.

i cut of the screen (on the yellow piece) and but the fuel pump back . i also bought an inline clear fuel filter from auto zone. all i want to know after you pull the fuel pump open(on the peice facing the fuel pump .do you reinstall the fuel cartridge with the spring and plastic piece on top of it or do you leave everything out. or you just install the plastic piece back?
thanks

Sami,once you put the piece back in that you took out to cut the small screens out of,put it back to gether just like you took it apart but leave only the spring and paper element out.

go here and you will see what to leave out-#10(10A) & 9

pump assembly

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135652187 -->

okay let me know how it goes be sure to pull screens out the top of the injector i use a small tipped screw drive.

i am going to pull the injector out tomorrow. i will post pictures tomorrow. you connected the new fuel filter after # 28 on the digram after the fuel pump and before the rail just want to make sure. thanks

yep
biggrin.gif

i am putting the pump back together and now the o ring does not fit, anyone where i could buy these or do i have to order them??

take the oring and freeze it in the freezer the put it in but don't pinch it.

i got a new one from auto part store. it fit perfectly i finished everything i am going to post pictures before i start the bike. thanks goldenchild.:D
biggrin.gif

these are pictues after i am done i have not started the bike yet i am going to check over everything tomorrow and try it.

Attachments

• samizx7.htm
    17.5 KB · Views: 178
If you have clearance problem once down just loosen two end injector holders and turn rail down one notch.

Back