where is the fuel filter

jwest

Registered
sorry i searched the web and every where here before asking...

were is the fuel filter located on the bike,i like to know what im looking for and do my figuring before wrenching...lol

want to do the fuel filter mod, 40,000+ miles on the bike and trying to figure a problem im having...

but i dont know were filter is located to remove it...

this is my problem just incase someone has had the problem and might have an idea

bike runs great until i want to pass a car...as i get into the throttle ,when it gets up in RPM it is doggy as hell but if i let off throttle just a little she starts to take off,,,im thinking a plugged fuel filter

thank you
jeff

this is my problem just incase someone has had the problem and might have an idea

bike runs great until i want to pass a car...as i get into the throttle ,when it gets up in RPM it is doggy as hell but if i let off throttle just a little she starts to take off,,,im thinking a plugged fuel filter

thank you
jeff

had a similar problem on my gsxr 1000. Turned out to be a dead coil. Couldn't tell anything was wrong with the bike till you really tried to smash the throttle then you definetly knew something was amiss.

What year?

99 & 00 it is NOT in the tank, but behind it bolted to the frame on right side. Huge pain to change out. I got gasoline everywhere changing mine. :(

01-07 it is a different tank, and take the tank off, flip it upside down and remove fuel pump.

You should also replace all the fuel lines depending on age of the bike when you do this mod, plus rubber seals and gaskets. The rubber slowly degrades from the fuel, and these bikes are getting 10+ years old. BikeBandit.com is a good source for fiche to look at and order needed parts.

01+ tank:

IMG_1481.jpg

Back