Where is the fuel pump filter?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Im looking at the online manual and just not helping. doesnt even look like the same design. The puel pump is attached to the tank correct? because the fuel like just goes straight to the fuel rail... Im trying to get to the filter

on the 05, isnt it an intank sock style filter? i think only the 99-00 had the inline external filter...

not 100% sure on this btw...

i "believe" you remove the whole pump housing, and then the sock should just be on the bottom...

might check the other manual for more details... not sure if the pump situations changed between the late gen 1 and early gen 2... just a thought..

oh well im just gonna let it be and let the shop worry about it. Im done screwing with it

I was going to replace mine in my 07 because I thought it would be good for it and couldn't cost too much. Well the filter is made into the pump it can be replaced but the prices I found were right around $200.00 or you could buy the pump for around 400 - 500 so I will be waiting until my pump dies. I would rather give 500 for a pump with filter than 200 just for the filter. JMO

the best bet and what im going to do is take the filter out of the pump and put an inline filter in. 10 bucks at autozone instead of 200 sounds good to me

wow I had a source for the filter that was alot cheaper. ??? all it is is a plastic sock stuck on the end of a little plastic assembly/tube to connect to the bottom of the pump. Hell you could take it off, clean it out and just reinstal the same one...

Yep. Oh well i hope it wont be expensive but im done messing with it. Im going to tell the shop to take off the stock filter and put an inline filter in

Ok, inquiring minds want to know. :)

Why are you even messing with it? I don’t believe it is a normally serviced part.

I ended up not messing with it. My tip over sensor is bad I'm almost sure. I bought an eliminator from boostbysmith
Posted via Mobile Device

Back