Where does this go?

Tripp-N

Registered
I changed out a woodcraft for a spare cover I had. I have no idea where this spring clip thing goes. Can anyone help?

BB4B09FD-CF9C-407B-A705-2F2759AF4B57.jpeg

Do you not like the woodcraft? Damaged? As for the spring I do not recall seeing one when I had mine off.

No
Do you not like the woodcraft? Damaged? As for the spring I do not recall seeing one when I had mine off.
Non damage at all. Don’t like the look. I’m going to sell it. I looked at all the parts diagrams online and it doesn’t show it

It was definitely inside the stator cover because it was very clean and had oil on it.
It's starting to drive me nuts, I've searched and can't find any of the threads with pics that show it. I know @pashnit has a woodcraft cover on his only thing I could think is maybe the woodcraft uses it to secure the wiring or something. Or maybe @Boosted Cycle Perf can chime in as to where it goes. Either way make sure once u figure it out to update us so I can stop trying to find it :lol:. And since I see your new I'll go ahead and welcome you and make sure you head to the new owners section and introduce yourself and your busa it'll help get some quicker help as the family around here will be a little better prepared knowing what gen you got and a little background. Lots of knowledgeable people here and im sure one of them will be along to tell you where it goes.

That almost looks like an OEM brake line hanger. Like item 21 in this schematic. How it wound up inside the stator cover I have no idea.

That almost looks like an OEM brake line hanger. Like item 21 in this schematic. How it wound up inside the stator cover I have no idea.

That's what I've been thinking. It's a hanger, or holder for some line.. But as you said, inside the cover is just weird.

I wonder if it fell into the woodcraft cover when it was installed and had enough magnetism to hold it till it was installed. Im just amazed if it was in there for awhile that it wasn't damaged or didn't damage anything else.

Back