When will Honda or Yamaha do it???

Danno$$

Registered
I keep thinking about this more and more each day. Suzuki was the first to come out with the "big gun", the bigger body unique looking monster. Then comes Kawasaki a bit later copying the busa with the 1400. I just cant wait to see what Yamaha does to make a big body rocket. How would it look? How would it perform? ....interesting...... :thumbsup:

thought the V-Max was a street fighter, not in the class as the Busa and the Ninja, i heard Honda was working on a rebuild of the Blackbird, that was over 3 years ago, haven't read a word about it since.

thought the V-Max was a street fighter, not in the class as the Busa and the Ninja, i heard Honda was working on a rebuild of the Blackbird, that was over 3 years ago, haven't read a word about it since.

I got a sneaky feeling Honda gonna drop a lot
of new stuff out this year.
Isn't this there something anniversery.

Not to mention the rumored new 5 cyclinder vfr 1000.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Goldwing with more
power, less weight and there new gas saving shut various
cyclinders down when not using feature.
How about a 60+ mpg Goldwing

Throw in a new badasrse black bird (along with the just
released 1000) and honda has just moved ahead
lightyears technology wise (which is Honda's forte)

Last edited:
Honda built the Black Bird a number of years ago and although it still is a fine bike, it has never been a match for the Hayabusa.I don't think Yamaha or Honda will ever build a bike in the same category. Hayabusa---awsome!:bowdown:

I keep thinking about this more and more each day. Suzuki was the first to come out with the "big gun", the bigger body unique looking monster. Then comes Kawasaki a bit later copying the busa with the 1400. I just cant wait to see what Yamaha does to make a big body rocket. How would it look? How would it perform? ....interesting...... :thumbsup:

I've pondered on this since 2000......Suzuki stepped the game way up in 1999 hence the "BEAST/BUSA" then kawi in 2000 with the NINJA ZX12/let down(which im aloud to say...i owned one!)....followed up by the zx14 and well, we all know about these....lol. Every year i keep thinking Honda and Yamaha have to bring a MONSTER out! I dont know what there thinking??? There's definitely room for a couple more hyperbikes, from a "marketing standpoint"! MAYBE there's just no answer for the best made motorcycle........"DA BUSA"......So why even try? :laugh:

I've pondered on this since 2000......Suzuki stepped the game way up in 1999 hence the "BEAST/BUSA" then kawi in 2000 with the NINJA ZX12/let down(which im aloud to say...i owned one!)....followed up by the zx14 and well, we all know about these....lol. Every year i keep thinking Honda and Yamaha have to bring a MONSTER out! I dont know what there thinking??? There's definitely room for a couple more hyperbikes, from a "marketing standpoint"! MAYBE there's just no answer for the best made motorcycle........"DA BUSA"......So why even try? :laugh:

:thumbsup::cheerleader:

+1

I certainly wish Honda would get back into the displacement wars maybe then Suzuki would have stepped their game up more and given us more displacement than a 1340. Who wouldn't have liked to see a 1500cc Hayabusa? Suzuki knew they didn't have to do much to knock the ZX-14 off of it's short lived reign as speed King.

I don't see Honda putting a horse in this race.
They have gone green and are more concerned with the environment, putting their resources in this area.
But of coarse they are a business and if there is money to be made, they may enter this market.
I just don't think the they feel it is a worth while venture.
Kawasaki dropped out of the police bike race when there was not enough market share to turn a large enough profit......... if any.
Lets face it, Suzuki has something special with the Busa, a very loyal customer base.
Even if they entered the market (Honda, Yamaha) would have to take into account how many people would jump ship.
I think more Busa owners would stay and wait for the next Gen Busa. This thing is now about people, friends and the whole Hayabusa experience.
People here do not buy a Hayabusa because the want a superbike, they belong to a very good club/family. And no one can put a price on friendship.

:bigcrowd:

Last edited:
I think the Busa loyalty is a big factor. I see Hayabusas everywhere. I think I have seen two or maybe three ZX-14s on the street. I was thinking about that this weekend and wondering if anyone knows how the 14 is doing in other areas of the country. Is there someplace to find sales comparison numbers?

I would love to see the other two brands compete, as competition improves the breed. I don't see it happening though.

The VMax? Haha this is a Muscle Cruiser never intended to compete with a sport bike of any sort. FWIW I know of a few 09 Max's that sold for 16,4 out the door which is more expensive than the B-King, but cheaper than a V-Rod and would eat it's lunch without thinking twice. Heck I had a few kills on my bolt-on '93 over some V-Rods and a few older 600's.

It's a different day now. All of these companies have the technology to build a cruise missile with two wheels. (Remember the 240-hp concept B-King?) It's now a question as to which company wants to suffer the negative press and potential liability of selling a bike even more capable of killing people with a quicker twist of the wrist.

I'll be really interested in seeing if the VMax causes Suzuki, possibly, to ratchet the Busa and B-King up a little more toward 200 hp.

I think the Busa loyalty is a big factor. I see Hayabusas everywhere. I think I have seen two or maybe three ZX-14s on the street. I was thinking about that this weekend and wondering if anyone knows how the 14 is doing in other areas of the country. Is there someplace to find sales comparison numbers?

Most of the 14's I have seen were at the gap in your neck of the woods. Have seen 2 down here and a couple in Missouri.

I think the majority of people buy hayabusas because the hype. More average people will know what a hayabusa vs a ZX-12/14.

I got a sneaky feeling Honda gonna drop a lot
of new stuff out this year.
Isn't this there something anniversery.

Not to mention the rumored new 5 cyclinder vfr 1000.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Goldwing with more
power, less weight and there new gas saving shut various
cyclinders down when not using feature.
How about a 60+ mpg Goldwing

Throw in a new badasrse black bird (along with the just
released 1000) and honda has just moved ahead
lightyears technology wise (which is Honda's forte)
I believe this is the big 50 for them.

I didn't see anything :laugh: but they got some dealer videos for the new quads and 450 dirtbikes.... WOW :whistle:

But I didn't see anything...:laugh:

I certainly wish Honda would get back into the displacement wars maybe then Suzuki would have stepped their game up more and given us more displacement than a 1340. Who wouldn't have liked to see a 1500cc Hayabusa? Suzuki knew they didn't have to do much to knock the ZX-14 off of it's short lived reign as speed King.

The Reps at the spring bash said that more cc's meant completely new motor and a lot more $$$.

I doubt they ever will. This is a niche market with limited profitability. And why tool up a whole new section to build something with limited payback? Not against the idea at all, but if I was them I would throw more resources at refining and advancing the 600, 1000 and maybe an 800 line

Back