What's your current mileage ? Any mechanical weirdness at certain points ?

07BusaPilot

Registered
Just looking for people's experience. I'm on an 07 with 9200 km, was told I needed to adjust valves at this point, but the manual says otherwise.

Going by the manual is fine, but doing the work at shorter intervals is a waste of time. I mean obviously it never hurts to check, but you don't need to yet. Most people never need any valve adjustment at all on their Busas, and if they do it's after many, many thousands of miles. I wouldn't even consider it at this point unless you suspect there may be a problem.

There is such a thing as over doing maintanence. Each time you mess with something your increasing the chances of tech induced issues.
I am close to 30k miles on my genii and never touched the valves.dont over rev em (11k+). change the oil and brake - clutch fluid with a dose of seam foam and grip it and rip it!!

leave the valves alone, regular maintenance, like oils, tires, brake pads and batt will keeping it going for many yrs n thousands of miles. Do we adjust valves on cars every 10k? no.

41K miles on my '08 and I've been north of 11K RPMs indicated on occassion ( every ride :laugh: ) ( yes I know that means I was going 70+ :spank: ) It cranks in one to two seconds, runs like a scalded dog ( fast as heck for you yanks and kanucks ).

Stay away Murphy :laugh:

Mine is also an '07. I had the valves checked like every 30K miles.

I have an 06 and had the engine rebuilt to a 1397 around 40k, valves were spot on no need for any shims after 40k miles. I think though a top quality oil and oil changes are crucial to this but thats just my opinion

08 with 32K miles and never needed anything other than regular maintenance. Valves were in spec when checked last.

I just worked on an 08 with 18k miles and all the valves were way to tight. Some I couldn't get the thinnest feeler gauge under.

44000 miles had new fork seals , 45000 replaced cam chain tensioner , replaced fuel pump at 46000 miles ... 2 sets of wheel bearings in about 25,000 miles

40,000mi+
been through lots of tires, gallons of oil, a chain or 2, a couple pairs of fork seals, and 3 windshields.

it is time to do the fuel filter mod, and put some fresh tires on her for the season.

pretty minimal for all the miles I have ridden, really.

To the OP

Do you have any issues? Is it running just fine? Fast as ever? Smooth as Ever? Starts up easily?

Therefore do like everyone else said DON'T TOUCH THEM.

Regular maintenance is all you need to enjoy your Busa. Unless you want problems........:whistle:

Back