Whats Wrong With This Picture

like to see him take a turn like that!
bowdown.gif

I have a friend that is paralyzed from the chest down because of tire shine. One of the guys he was riding with put that crap on his tires. They went into a turn together when the slick tired bike lost traction. The bike my friend was riding was hit in the side by the ignorant rider. They both went down and my friend was pinned between two bikes and a tree.

if it is theft recovery, the insurance company likely totaled the bike out..

Lien paid off, bike sold back to owner or junk yard for destruction or part out.  

Laws vary from state to state on what can be done with a vehicle like that.

FL apparently disallows a relicense of bike for public roadways.  I posted a site a couple months back that outlined laws in all 50 states on these things.  But some states will allow you to re-title the vehicle as "salvage" and relicense the vehicle for the road (rules vary)  It really spanks the resale value of a vehicle  

you can save some serious coin on something like this or loose your pants
laugh.gif
bowdown.gif

randy, you rock. you know something about everything. lots of wisdom and knowledge
thumb_up.gif

alright, i'm gonna
hijack.gif
for a minute.

i have a 99'bike with 03'engine, millege ?, rebuilt motor, should i get a salvage or rebuilt title for better resale value.
rock.gif
I got into the garage business in the mid 70's and had to deal with wholesalers for much of it... That also brings the body shop and detail shop business in... When I got my wholesalers license for cars I had to be up on the law or suffer their wrath for mistakes (selling more than 10 cars a year in AZ required license)..  

Then add on about 25 years of drag racing...dyno work and crew chief stints..

I also ran maintenance on our family business  (A place called big surf) and so I had to learn hydraulic control systems along with massive water pumps and 1500hp natural gas engines..  I also had to get my plumbing and electrical ability up to speed..  

It has just been learning something new all the time.. I finally ran out of interest (as a living) for most of that and now am a Network/system administrator (went and got my bachelors for computer sciences at 44 years old)..  

I suppose in short, I have occupational A.D.D.  or just an all around "fix it" guy
laugh.gif

As for the title... dont you have a title now?
ya i have, clear title but i was wondering since the only basically left on the bike that is still 99' if it would have better resale value with a salvage title. I dont know anything about all that legal stuff and of coarse i know that someday ill sell it for probably a good used 08 and wanting to prepare for best resale.

everything from engine, ecu, trans, clutch, paint, fuel pump, oil gear, swingarm, forks, grips, ect.. you get my drift. is all newer than 99' but thats just the way it goes i guess. I document and keep all receipts so thats probably the best i can do. O well I'm not that worried about it just want the best resale.
hello.gif

laugh.gif

the original title is where the value is... salvage title is not much better than no title at all..

Back