Whats Wrong With This Picture

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Honda-CBR-600RR-600-RR-F4i-1000-1000RR-R1-R6_W0QQitemZ280196157904QQcmdZViewItem?hash
=item280196157904" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....6157904</a>

TIRE SHINE

That looks sweet!
Just kidding, what an assclown!

post_6_08656_assclown.jpg

A couple of years ago I actually saw a squid at bike night who had Armour All'ed his tires. I told him to take it slow going home......

what does this mean?? This bike will come with a Florida Certificate of Destruction. This is a parts only bike. You may be able to register in some states.

salvage title... bike was totaled out for one reason or another... looks pretty straight for a crash, maybe a flood victim some guy recovered his insurance on? tires are scary huh?

it says theft recovery does that mean he has no title because the bank is lein holder and neither the bank or the ins. co. know he recovered it. so he has to sell it for parts cause he CANT get title

if it is theft recovery, the insurance company likely totaled the bike out..

Lien paid off, bike sold back to owner or junk yard for destruction or part out.

Laws vary from state to state on what can be done with a vehicle like that.

FL apparently disallows a relicense of bike for public roadways. I posted a site a couple months back that outlined laws in all 50 states on these things. But some states will allow you to re-title the vehicle as "salvage" and relicense the vehicle for the road (rules vary) It really spanks the resale value of a vehicle

you can save some serious coin on something like this or loose your pants
laugh.gif

Lien paid off, bike sold back to owner or junk yard for destruction or part out.  

FL apparently disallows a relicense of bike for public roadways.  I posted a site a couple months back that outlined laws in all 50 states on these things.  But some states will allow you to re-title the vehicle as "salvage" and relicense the vehicle for the road (rules vary)  It really spanks the resale value of a vehicle  

laugh.gif
bowdown.gif

randy, you rock. you know something about everything. lots of wisdom and knowledge
thumb_up.gif

alright, i'm gonna
hijack.gif
for a minute.

i have a 99'bike with 03'engine, millege ?, rebuilt motor, should i get a salvage or rebuilt title for better resale value.
rock.gif

Fed requires the mileage to follow the frame, not the engine. Stay with the odo from the 99 chassis for the title if you need to get another. Don't do a salvage or rebuild title unless the frame has been damaged in a wreck. If the bike has never been reported as wrecked or recovered you should be able to get a regular title on it from your state (although local laws may vary). BTDT with an 81 XJ550 a few years ago. I bought it as a parts bike. When I inquired the DMV about it they told my to check the VIN on the frame. It was never reported to be wrecked. They gave me a standard title. My brother now rides it for a commuter bike.

Damn Michael when i clicked on the link I thought is was Lisa's bike for a minute had me scared then I was were it was from YEP I think somebody has a Death wish if they ride that thing

mine is fine the milege is way off cause of the 15/43 sprockets that i have now changed and i am the one who bothered to get a speedohealer. so the milege reads 12,000 but the panel has also been changed and i dont know if that means the mileage has also been changed. i just wondered if my resale would be better as a salvage than as a 99'...but regardless i see thats out of the question since frame is fine and dont wrecked..but thank you for input
thumb_up.gif

FL apparently disallows a relicense of bike for public roadways. I posted a site a couple months back that outlined laws in all 50 states on these things. But some states will allow you to re-title the vehicle as "salvage" and relicense the vehicle for the road (rules vary) It really spanks the resale value of a vehicle

laugh.gif
bowdown.gif

randy, you rock. you know something about everything. lots of wisdom and knowledge
thumb_up.gif

alright, i'm gonna
hijack.gif
for a minute.

i have a 99'bike with 03'engine, millege ?, rebuilt motor, should i get a salvage or rebuilt title for better resale value.
rock.gif
I got into the garage business in the mid 70's and had to deal with wholesalers for much of it... That also brings the body shop and detail shop business in... When I got my wholesalers license for cars I had to be up on the law or suffer their wrath for mistakes (selling more than 10 cars a year in AZ required license)..

Then add on about 25 years of drag racing...dyno work and crew chief stints..

I also ran maintenance on our family business (A place called big surf) and so I had to learn hydraulic control systems along with massive water pumps and 1500hp natural gas engines.. I also had to get my plumbing and electrical ability up to speed..

It has just been learning something new all the time.. I finally ran out of interest (as a living) for most of that and now am a Network/system administrator (went and got my bachelors for computer sciences at 44 years old)..

I suppose in short, I have occupational A.D.D. or just an all around "fix it" guy
laugh.gif

As for the title... dont you have a title now?

laugh.gif

Back