Whats this I hear about Busa not handling??? (VID)

Sweet video. I was able to grind hard parts and surprise little wipper snappers with my old VFR750 on the track. My Busa is a whole lot better than the VFR was.

One thing you have to give the rider, he was not afraid of the throttle! He was a little slow on the throttle on corner exits but once he got her straight up, he kept it pinned.

Did you notice how he blazed by that 600 then got his arse handed to him like a little school girl on the next corner! :rofl:

He may just as well removed the brake lever as he was coasting up to almost every corner. He did use the brake sparingly a couple of times.

I'd rate him as amateurish at best. Put him on a road track without those long straights between corners and he would be in the novice group on any given track day!

Notice the OHLINS decal on the fork tube.....He blew the corner coming off that first long straight big time. He was losing ground to that little bike in that tight set of twisties, but once the track started straightening out again, game over.

One thing you have to give the rider, he was not afraid of the throttle! He was a little slow on the throttle on corner exits but once he got her straight up, he kept it pinned.

Did you notice how he blazed by that 600 then got his arse handed to him like a little school girl on the next corner! :rofl:

He may just as well removed the brake lever as he was coasting up to almost every corner. He did use the brake sparingly a couple of times.

I'd rate him as amateurish at best. Put him on a road track without those long straights between corners and he would be in the novice group on any given track day!

I'm not sure he was intentionally coasting up to the corners. The brakes on these things are terrible. :whistle:

went back and watched that vid again..

got a feeling that video might be a bit cooked... lets look at that long straight at 190? how long and hard was he on the brakes just "before" the other bike passed him? (and he was late on the brakes no less).. That bike went by him like he was standing still...

went back and watched that vid again..

got a feeling that video might be a bit cooked... lets look at that long straight at 190? how long and hard was he on the brakes just "before" the other bike passed him? (and he was late on the brakes no less).. That bike went by him like he was standing still...

I think the over shot that corner, not that he would not have been passed, just not by such a large margin.

Considering the amount of "furniture" that lines the track you'd have to be crazy to run wide open around corners at the northwest 200 on a street bike.

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure he was intentionally coasting up to the corners. The brakes on these things are terrible. :whistle:

Oh Dennis, he has Brembo Brakes on that puppy. What do you mean the brakes are terrible?

Watch the forks, you can easily see what he is doing on the brakes. Not once did the forks fully compress. If the forks are adjusted properly, they should compress to within a half inch of the stop when braking.

Before we admire this fellows cornering skills, watch the top of the screen on corners. I don't think he ever made 30 degrees of lean angle. Watch how early he closed the throttle and when he did touch the brakes it was after he had been coasting for a considerable distance.

Bogus would spank that guys arse like he was a little school girl :cheerleader:

I think the over shot that corner, not that he would not have been passed, just not by such a large margin.

Considering the amount of "furniture" that lines the track you'd have to be crazy to run wide open around corners at the northwest 200 on a street bike.

cheers
ken

:thumbsup::beerchug: Sweet vid, thanks for posting it up !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just makes you want to jump on the bike and get it on doesn't it? I'm still in C group at the track days...but these vids sure get the juices flowing...thanks for sharing..2hip

Just makes you want to jump on the bike and get it on doesn't it? I'm still in C group at the track days...but these vids sure get the juices flowing...thanks for sharing..2hip

Yea it does... It is a lot of fun blowing other bikes away but since my bump in class with NESBA, it is a lot harder and takes a LOT better timing to pull it off..

The Busa makes life a lot tougher on the track when it comes to corner entry speeds..

My last "B" group session I had a camera bike following me (Gixxer 1k) and as long as we had open track I could hold my own.. put it into traffic? he would eat my lunch because of his corner speeds.. The 1K and 600's should blow by on the corner entry if they know how to ride at all..

any day riding on the track is a good day :)

I think it hard to assess how well a Busa handles from this vid.
First if he has Brembos on there what else does he have ? In other words it ain't stock so who knows what he is riding.
Second he is riding the Northwest circuit which is a bumpy street circuit. No sweepers no real turns , just a race track carved out of the streets. While the rider is good and he does blow by some other bikes how do we even know those are 600s he is passin' ?

Defintitely not admissable in court . :rulez:

Last edited:
Back