What's it feel like to hit the rev limiter?

kinda like this;

Waaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaphphphaaaaaaaphphphaaaaaaaaphphphaaaaaaaphphphaaaaaaaaphphphaaaaaaaaph
phphaaaaaaaaphphphaaaa....etc.:p

another question....while on the subject whats it feel like to hit the bikes highest speed? 185 mph? is it a jerk? i have hit 175 and kinda nervous to hit that mark. does it stop when the speedo says 185 or when the bike is actually doing 185? i dont wanna hit it and jerk me cuz at that speed i like to keep it smooth if you know what i mean?
The first few times I ran a top speed run, I was nervous. The F4 I sold to get the Busa topped out at around 150 and that's what I was used to. There is a HUGE difference between 150 and 185. Now I'm looking to get a TRE
smile.gif

As for the other question, when the needle hits 185 the tech will continue to rise. I believe my needle hit 185 at just below 9,500RPM. It climbed another 1,000 before I hit the limiter. IOW ... The bike isn't actually doing 185 when it indicates it, but a few seconds later it'll be there.

Also, don't worry about the jerking because there is none. The bike will simply stop accelerating as mentioned before. JUST MAKE SURE NOT TO COME OUT OF YOU TUCK UNTIL YOU'RE AT LEAST BACK DOWN TO 120MPH!!!!!

another question....while on the subject whats it feel like to hit the bikes highest speed? 185 mph? is it a jerk? i have hit 175 and kinda nervous to hit that mark. does it stop when the speedo says 185 or when the bike is actually doing 185? i dont wanna hit it and jerk me cuz at that speed i like to keep it smooth if you know what i mean?
Just keep going until you here a big bang, that'll be the sonic boom. Oh, and time will stand still temporarily, allowing you to step off the bike for a moment, grab a sandwich, and jump back on again, thus avoiding any unpleasant jerks.

Alternatively, get an unrestricted bike, I've got one but I haven't tested the top speed (yet).

Just keep going until you here a big bang, that'll be the sonic boom.  Oh, and time will stand still temporarily, allowing you to step off the bike for a moment, grab a sandwich, and jump back on again, thus avoiding any unpleasant jerks.
So that's what happens. I always wondered how I sometimes managed to get to work before I left my house.

through a few mods I hit the limiter in 4th and 5th gear and it feels like I am being tugged at. It even catches me off gaurd because the bike pulls to the limiter in each gear without falling out before the limiter. I hear the a stocker the bike lets out steam at 9.5k?

Shut up and      D O    I T!!!!    
tounge.gif
ok i did it!!! i got it up and it really just creeped up to indicated 185 and i held it about 180 for a while. we have this nice stretch of good pavement interstate out in the middle of the country. it was friggin AWESOME! finally i got to unleash a little on this thing. had it for about 3 months now and havent been able to unleash the beast. my buddies have 2 600's, a 750, and a thousand. all of them were in the dust. they said they got up to around 160 and tried to keep up but finally just gave up when i dissapeared from them. if i knew the busa was going to be this great i would have gotten one sooner. the TL1000R is a nice bike but hands down i love this busa. thanks for helping my panzy ass get some go-nads about this.

Well...I'm usually all hot and sweaty and wifey tells me "it's okay honey"....oh...wait..you mean on the busa?
tounge.gif

Back