What's it feel like to hit the rev limiter?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I've been keeping the revs down to 10,300 or so. It's hard for me to keep an eye on the tach (my eyes tend to freeze on where I'm going). If I hit the limiter is it going to do something I should watch out for?

I keep hitting the limiter all the time, in 2nd and 3rd particularly. Feels like you're running out of fuel, but not so jumpy. Its not gonna buck you off or anything.

Try It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you'll know!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

another question....while on the subject whats it feel like to hit the bikes highest speed? 185 mph? is it a jerk? i have hit 175 and kinda nervous to hit that mark. does it stop when the speedo says 185 or when the bike is actually doing 185? i dont wanna hit it and jerk me cuz at that speed i like to keep it smooth if you know what i mean?

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
sorry just a new recruit here...didnt want to have a rodeo (buckin me off) going down the road at 185 ya know?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

biggrin.gif

another question....while on the subject whats it feel like to hit the bikes highest speed? 185 mph? is it a jerk? i have hit 175 and kinda nervous to hit that mark. does it stop when the speedo says 185 or when the bike is actually doing 185? i dont wanna hit it and jerk me cuz at that speed i like to keep it smooth if you know what i mean?
At top speed it doesn't bump as hard as it does in second or third. No need to worry about being bumped off.

Kevin

I am getting to old I guess, I just wont ride much over 140 indicated anymore..I like riding the torque more than anything..

well its not like i ride 175 everywhere i go but every once in a while i get it up there. gotta watch out for stuff getting in the way, along way up the road.

I've hit mine a few times-- like in the driveway when majorly ticked off after high siding it at low speed-- doing a burnout---just be happy it has one or there would be oil on the ground...
laugh.gif

I am getting to old I guess, I just wont ride much over 140 indicated anymore..I like riding the torque more than anything..
+1

For me it's the torque and acceleration more than anything.:58:

I've also noticed that it's a head turner when riding through town. Other riders, cagers, even pedestrians turn and look.
cool.gif

get a TRE and you won't have to worry about the top end limiter.
smile.gif

Back