What's In A Sparkplug?

lightemup

Registered
Hey gearheads (it's a compliment), I would love to know if the E3 spark plugs will help or hurt my engine. E3.38 is the one recommended for my 07 Hayabusa. It's supposed to increase my mileage and boost performance. Anyone proven this that can share some helpful tips? What spark plugs are the best for the first generation bikes? Thanks for your input!

I just want to lightemup!

Cheers, and Season's Greetings!

NGK's only. stick with what suzuki says to put in it. CR9E is the number, made in japan just like the bike

I don't see the harm in running an E3 equivalent. I've watched two independent tests on them. Both agreed that the fuel does burn more efficiently, giving a couple hp and improved fuel economy. Granted that these gains would most likely not be noticeable, but there's no harm in running a different brand of plug. Hard starts and rough idle have claimed to be improved also, you never know, one way to find out.

irridiums are nice cuz they last soo much longer. on my zx10, 24k mile intervals. cuz they are a ***** to change. much more money for irridiums tho but worth it. if u can find an ngk irridium for the gen 1 id do those. and also dont let some company tell you you will make more hp with their plug. thats horse****. the hayabusa has direct driver coil technology, with the factory ngk's, the ignition can handle like 600 hp.

I have an 09 and just found out the stock plug is more expensive than the standard NGK Iridium plugs! They must really be extra-special.

:cheerleader:

I want to thank all of you who responded to this. All input is helpful. Have a great new year! BTW, I will give the irridium a try first. I'm still curious about the E3 equivalent, so that will also be experimented with.

I want to thank all of you who responded to this. All input is helpful. Have a great new year! BTW, I will give the irridium a try first. I'm still curious about the E3 equivalent, so that will also be experimented with.

I love Pie!

Back