2002 - 12K Maintenance

micronp450

Registered
I hit the 12K mile mark on my 2002 Busa not to long ago and was wondering what you higher mileage guys have been doing to maintain your Busa.

Some things I was thinking of were refreshing the clutch and brake fluid. Also put on a new chain. Are things such as spark plugs recommended? Any other input is appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals..

I would change the clutch & brake fluid if it hasn't been done. Spark plugs should have been changed at 7500 miles, so if they were you won't have to until 15,000 miles. Change the coolant too if it hasn't been done. You don't have to check the valve clearances till 15,000. That's about all I can think of for now..
beerchug.gif

(micronp450 @ Feb. 21 2007,09:59) I hit the 12K mile mark on my 2002 Busa not to long ago and was wondering what you higher mileage guys have been doing to maintain your Busa.

Some things I was thinking of were refreshing the clutch and brake fluid. Also put on a new chain. Are things such as spark plugs recommended? Any other input is appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals..
All the above. I believe they recommend fluids every two years. Oil and Filter at 11.5K, Let me check the manual. You need to check out your manual. Lot's of things recommended.

Back