What year is better 06, 08, or 2000?

After reading alot of the reviews and hearing first hand about the Gen2; from people who have owned both something tells me the looks of the rear end wont really be an issue once you ride it! Besides the reports that the Gen1 is better if you plan to do major engine upgrades; the only other other frequent complaint is the look of the rear end! I guess you only have to see it if you are behind it:whistle::laugh:, I've never ridden a Gen2 and the power of my Gen1 still puts a smile on my face; but the majority says Gen2!!

Besides if it really is an issue; is it possible to fit a Gen1 tail end on a Gen2? I know I have seen a Gen2 tail on a Gen1!
i've seen pictures of the gen2 with the gen1 tail a few years ago and it didn't look right. i did like the gen1 with a gen2 tail but that is a matter of taste. :whistle:

08's are like the fat ladies...

Fun to ride, but embarassing to be seen with....

:poke:

Fyi... I'm JK.....

i dont like fat chicks :rofl:

Last edited:
i own a gen II, i love it, but its all a matter of opinion

2010-10-11_17_45_58.jpg

I haven't owned a Gen 1 but the tail on my Gen II has grown on me since I have had it. I don't get any complaints from my friends about the tail....and they are the ones who see it the most.:whistle:

Back