What year is better 06, 08, or 2000?

Last edited:
'08 (Gen2) has all the newer tech. and newer stuff designed for them.
I'd get the '08 without a doubt.

and with prices of used Gen IIs steadily dropping, pretty easy for you to buy "the newest" bike you can afford".
Here's an '09 for $7000: 2009 GSX 1300 Hayabusa

3k63p73l35O45Q05T5acg662fa75e67ae130d.jpg

In terms of technology and value for money, the '08 is the one to go for.

Aesthetically, though, I'd buy the '06. Those Gen 2s are just fugly.

I was on the ropes about the tail as well, was in the hunt for a 06 LE when i found my 08, now the tail has grown to the point I actually like it. Both gens are still sexy .... BUTTTT ....

08 all the way :)

i like both gen1 and 2 and owned both ,but i would probably stick with the 08' just for the few updates.

After reading alot of the reviews and hearing first hand about the Gen2; from people who have owned both something tells me the looks of the rear end wont really be an issue once you ride it! Besides the reports that the Gen1 is better if you plan to do major engine upgrades; the only other other frequent complaint is the look of the rear end! I guess you only have to see it if you are behind it:whistle::laugh:, I've never ridden a Gen2 and the power of my Gen1 still puts a smile on my face; but the majority says Gen2!!

Besides if it really is an issue; is it possible to fit a Gen1 tail end on a Gen2? I know I have seen a Gen2 tail on a Gen1!

Back