Difference in seats?

grizzly427

Registered
Hi all, I am new to the Busa world, previous bike was a 2004 GSXR-1000. Here is my question. I am wondering the difference between the seats for 2006 Busa model and the newer 2008-2011 models. I am looking for a gel seat that is comparable to the 2008-2011 model gel seats. Does anyone have any insight or recommendations for a gel seat or an alternative seat for the 2006.

Thanks

There are 3 "popular" options: Corbin, Tobin/New Image or the Suz gel seat. Best way to know which one is for you is by actually taking long, multiple rides in each seat.
P.S. I hated the Corbin on my '01 but loved it on my '08. However, I am very happy with the Suz gel seat on my '09.

Here is a link from Pasnits site for the Tobin seats. Killer cool and you can customize them. Gels are nice but beware if you leave them parked in the summer sun. "OUCH".......:saburn:

Tobin Seats......New Image Upholstery

Thanks for all the replies, I belong to other forums and have not had that many responses in that short of time. Looks like this a great forum.

I love my Corbin. Can ride for more than 20 hours without any pain or discomfort.:thumbsup:

The gel seat is very firm, I had one and didn't like it. I've got a New Image seat now and very happy with it.

Droid via Tapatalk

Gen1 1999-2007 and Gen2 2008-2011 are
not interchangeable. I prefer the Corbin seat
:thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Just got a gel seat. Haven't been able to test it out yet. I have heard it gets hot in the sun.

Rockethed using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305430115.307298.jpg

go with a new image seat you won't be disappointed. it drops you a few inches lower in the bike and keeps you from sliding back on acceleration. very comfortable on long rides for me so far. the guy in the pic is Lee the one who makes the seats. great guy to deal with go threw pashnit site to find new image seats IMG00018.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG00014.jpg

Corbin%20vs%20Tobin.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG00014.jpg

Corbin%20vs%20Tobin.jpg

Get some high density foam, electric knife angle grinder with sanding disc, spray adhesive. borrow high powered staple gun. Build up or take down to fit you personally. May have to tweak it a few times but worth the results.

Last edited:
Get some high density foam, electric knife angle grinder with sanding disc, spray adhesive. borrow high powered staple gun. Build up or take down to fit you personally. May have to tweak it a few times but worth the results.
sort of what i did to mine but dropped a gel insert in. best bang for your buck! off topic :i was in the 25th i.d. back in 94' 1/21inf. what unit were you in? :thumbsup:

I have a OEM gel seat and maybe 1500 miles on it and would throw it in the trash if i hadn't spent so much money on it. As soon as i get back home its coming off.. Hope they work well for you though.

Back