What to do when the Busa is gone

whooaa!!!! Nice ride!!

You finally sold the Busa and Trailer, eh?

Very nice, Still a Suzuki.
Q. What does Harley mean?
A: Harley ridden, Usually pushed.

(gtrpimp76 @ Sep. 23 2006,22:05) whooaa!!!! Nice ride!!

You finally sold the Busa and Trailer, eh?
Traded the Busa in for $9600....

Still have the trailer.

I thought hey were kiddin, but they had a guy who wanted th color I had and he probably picked it up the same night..

as a father of 7...its true they need a father...but all i do is not do the stupid things...and enjoy the ride...back and forth to work every day
wow.gif

IMO, you've taken a step back in your motorcycle choice. I started off with a cruiser( '98 Vulcan 1500 ) and moved up to a '89 FZR1000. I thought I would ride both bikes but after 3 mos. I sold the Vulcan. Even though it was an '89, from a performance standpoint, the FZR did everything better than the Vulcan.

I understand your family played a factor, but there's no way, short of holding a gun to my head, that I would trade my busa for a cruiser. There's an extreme difference in performance between the 2 and you will miss the busa. If you ever get rid of the cruiser, you will not miss it.

Plus, now you're going to get the snide comments from the Harley guys because you have a cruiser but it's not a Harley.
If I was you, I'd get back the busa and just be a little more conservative with my throttle hand.
super.gif

(Slayer @ Sep. 24 2006,00:14) IMO, you've taken a step back in your motorcycle choice. I started off with a cruiser( '98 Vulcan 1500 ) and moved up to a '89 FZR1000. I thought I would ride both bikes but after 3 mos. I sold the Vulcan. Even though it was an '89, from a performance standpoint, the FZR did everything better than the Vulcan.

I understand your family played a factor, but there's no way, short of holding a gun to my head, that I would trade my busa for a cruiser. There's an extreme difference in performance between the 2 and you will miss the busa. If you ever get rid of the cruiser, you will not miss it.

Plus, now you're going to get the snide comments from the Harley guys because you have a cruiser but it's not a Harley.
If I was you, I'd get back the busa and just be a little more conservative with my throttle hand.  
super.gif
Valid points from all, but this was what I fealt was the right decision for me, and I love his thing. As far as a Harley goes, well the Vrod would be the only thing I would have choosen, but the reliability of the Suzuki played a large part, I never had any issues except for the gear shift bolt last week. Not many Harleys with that track record.

I appreciate the comments both for and against the move but my son and I are happy with it. He sits on the back and said it was much more comfortable for him. Nothing like the approval of your son to back up a decision you make.

I still have plenty of time to get another Busa in the future, I will just have to wait and see....if I miss it enough

Congrates!!! I looked at the Blvd 109R, but Wife wasn't comfortable on it.
We are still looking at the Vulcan 2000 as the second ride.

By the way, how is the riding down in southern NM area?

(MrGxr @ Sep. 24 2006,02:10) Congrates!!!  I looked at the Blvd 109R, but Wife wasn't comfortable on it.

Nice for a few days and then rain for a few days. We have had over double our normal rainfall this year.

(RamminBusa @ Sep. 24 2006,10:25)
(MrGxr @ Sep. 24 2006,02:10) Congrates!!!  I looked at the Blvd 109R, but Wife wasn't comfortable on it.

Nice for a few days and then rain for a few days.  We have had over double our normal rainfall this year.
Same up here. Looks like we will have some good days here for the next week or so... at least I hope so.

Have a Friend heading to Santa Teresa to refinish the airport runway down there. Hoping it doesn't rain the beginning of this week.

You shouldn't be even thinking about "when Busa Is gone" But you could sit in front of the tely and watch= 1:00 pm MotoGP World Championship Japan in a few min!
rock.gif

lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

I'm going to trade in my Katana for an m109, that way I can have a cruiser and the Busa...

Also, I'm from Albuquerque. I was out there a month ago. I have not seen it so green in years.

(300Busa @ Sep. 24 2006,08:03) Like the shaft drive?
Two words, Ok maybe three

Extremely Low Upkeep....

Harder to get used to a cable clutch and forward controls than anything else..

A man has to do what a man has to do! I understand your decision, and I
beerchug.gif
you for being able to know it was time for the busa to go by by. At least you will not be able to get in trouble with a small cc bike like that!
biggrin.gif

Back