What to do if you're being robbed

naw, just enter a wrong pin until the machine eats your card, then run, unless you can double-tap/rob him back as previously suggested.
laugh.gif

I repair ATM's (among other bank equipment) for a living and can say that that is FALSE.  If you enter your PIN backwards the next screen you see will simply tell you that it was entered incorrectly and to please try again.  I think that the origins of this come from ATM's that have an ambush alarm on the vault portion of the machine.  The ambush alarm trips when an operator who is forced to open the vault dials the last number of the combination either 10 numbers higher or lower than the actual number.  The higher or lower part is predetemined by the bank, the network, and the alarm provider.  Not all ATM's have ambush set up on them however.
do you think it would be hard to do
rock.gif

I repair ATM's (among other bank equipment) for a living and can say that that is FALSE.  If you enter your PIN backwards the next screen you see will simply tell you that it was entered incorrectly and to please try again.  I think that the origins of this come from ATM's that have an ambush alarm on the vault portion of the machine.  The ambush alarm trips when an operator who is forced to open the vault dials the last number of the combination either 10 numbers higher or lower than the actual number.  The higher or lower part is predetemined by the bank, the network, and the alarm provider.  Not all ATM's have ambush set up on them however.
do you think it would be hard to do
rock.gif
No. The technology already exists. But it still wouldn't be very effective. I know I have trouble remebering my PIN frontwards let alone in reverse. And I don't think that response times would be near quick enough to do any real good. You're better off giving the perp whatever the machine will allow or letting him laugh at your available balance and then being on his way.

my alarm system is set if I enter my pin -1 on the final an instant silent goes out...

you could have 2 accounts, one with 25 in it,use it first, meanwhile bend the main one so it won't read and hopefully stick, thus disabling that atm, so they wouldn't get much

Back