Mlandin speaks up against DMG's

I will wait and see. I will at least give it a chance next year. I hope for some good close racing. The supersport class seems to be the best class to watch this year imo. World superbike and supersport are awesome this year.

so is bike racing so big in the US that changes are detrimental? I personally have never been to one.. but have sure visited a lot of other racing series events...

just seems if an organization can open up other member tracks to events and bring in more riders and spectators (to be seen I am sure) it could not hurt too much...

If I was a top rated rider, I would like to see the gates open up to more spectators with what ever it takes. (the goal of any organization is to get more spectators) More viewers = more money?

But I think there will be LESS viewers with 600 "superbikes" and Moto ST.

I'll laugh my a$$ off if the not so import "liter bike" class is what everyone watches and goes home before the 600 "superbike" race even starts...

Time will tell! Closer racing is all Lamb cares about. Good racing promotes fan viewership. When one can go to a race and honestly say that 5-6 riders in the field can win a race. When the #'s prove out that 5-6 riders can win in any weekend, people will watch because edge of the seat endings and wheel to wheel action throughout the race speaks for itself. Now, DMG isn't promising this and Lamb doesn't live entirely in a fantasy land of perfect style racing world, but DMG is doing the right thing in Lamb's most humble opinion. The races now are not very competitive, generally speaking, and it would be nice if more teams could smell the trophy stand.
This being said, Miller sports complex is looming and that track rocks! Can't wait for these boys to tear down front stetch and left hand it into turn 1 at 150. WOOHOO!

Alan Wilson, CEO of Miller Motosports Park, was on Pitpass radio a week ago and said the AMA guys were clocked last year on the front straight at 198.6 MPH!! But the ALMS cars were still a hair faster at just over 200 MPH.

Alan Wilson, CEO of Miller Motosports Park, was on Pitpass radio a week ago and said the AMA guys were clocked last year on the front straight at 198.6 MPH!! But the ALMS cars were still a hair faster at just over 200 MPH.
I'm curious how last year's AMA lap times compare to this year's WSBK times.
cool.gif

Spies qualified somewhere in the 1:49's on outer course. Spies and Mladin's laptimes were around 51's race pace. The premier ALMS class this past weekend did 33's on the perimeter course.

Spies qualified somewhere in the 1:49's on outer course. Spies and Mladin's laptimes were around 51's race pace. The premier ALMS class this past weekend did 33's on the perimeter course.
Tough to argue with corner speed! Those things have so much contact patch and downforce it allows em to hit the straights with a full head of steam and them things just flat fly!

I want to see the AMA guys spank the WSBK's times at miller though!

BTW there was an article about/interview with Roger Edmundson on Soup today about the whole DMG takeover.
LINK

Sounds like at least one of the OEM's is all but telling em to pack sand.

Back