What to do if you're being robbed

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone else confirm this? I'd like to try it out and see if it works, but the police might get a little pissed off if it works
laugh.gif

There's that website that checks if things are for real or not. snoopes i think??

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.

The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on FOX TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Please pass this along to everyone possible.[/quote]

Phoney as a three dollar bill...

The correct answer is reach into waist band, draw, double tap, empty dead or dying perps wallet, kick him twice and be about your day.
beerchug.gif

OR

If you are unarmed simply withdraw the max amount and remind perp that he's on TV... Hand him the cash, be about your day.
dunno.gif
Unarmed, your just a fish.

Snopes is your friend....
thumb_up.gif

Phoney as a three dollar bill...

The correct answer is reach into waist band, draw, double tap, empty dead or dying perps wallet, kick him twice and be about your day.  
beerchug.gif

OR

If you are unarmed simply withdraw the max amount and remind perp that he's on TV...  Hand him the cash, be about your day.  
dunno.gif
 Unarmed, your just a fish.  

Snopes is your friend....  
thumb_up.gif
What he said.

You can just hand over the $357 or give him another brand of 357
cool.gif

...prolly the way some decision makers think, they will put phones on ATM's and say they are safer cause you can call 911.

Need to check on distress pin codes. In some security systems they exist, don't know about ATMs and law enforcement is never notified immediately, ever.

I repair ATM's (among other bank equipment) for a living and can say that that is FALSE. If you enter your PIN backwards the next screen you see will simply tell you that it was entered incorrectly and to please try again. I think that the origins of this come from ATM's that have an ambush alarm on the vault portion of the machine. The ambush alarm trips when an operator who is forced to open the vault dials the last number of the combination either 10 numbers higher or lower than the actual number. The higher or lower part is predetemined by the bank, the network, and the alarm provider. Not all ATM's have ambush set up on them however.

I would just laugh and show him my available balance . He will probly give me money !

If someone has a gun to my head, I'll be lucky if I can remember my pin forward... forget backward. I'll just give them what they want then drive home for a new pair of shorts.

or tell him you just stole the card from someone else and are trying to figure out the PIN. ask him for assistance

When I'm at the ATM I find the goverment does most of the robbing....

cheers
ken

Back