What\'s your local hangout?

OB_ducmanic

Registered
THIS IS NOT DUCMANIC THIS IS CLAY

When in LA Stir Crazy isn't the only place to hang.

If I feel like long fast sweepers "Angeles Crest" would be the place to go. It's about a 20 or 30 min ride full of long fast sweepers. there is a dinner up there so you can get lunch. on a Sunday you can expect to see LOTS of bikes and worn knee pucks.

If I'm in the mood for a tight fast track like ride I go to "The Rock Store". Lots and lots of bikes. This is the place in LA for Harley guys on a Sunday you could see J Lano or Denise Rodman? However They have know idea how sweet the riding just above "The Store" is!!! Long straights, Hard Breaks, Hair Pins Sweepers.

THIS IS NOT DUCMANIC THIS IS CLAY

We all know the L.A Busa's have their Stir Crazy. I in MPLS have Bob's Java Hut. Where do you go to meet friends? Hey L.A guys, does Stir Crazy have a website? I know I'm reaching on this subject but winter is here in Minnesota. Damnit!!
www.bobsjavahut.com
I think it would be cool if I could pick up a T-shirt through their website or baseball cap.

Tooseys, northern georgia----and t.w.o.,s over 75 bikes there today. 4 busa and every other model made I think. Even had 3 1979 CBX,s. Great group of guys and gals.

Sunday mornings at a gas station/greasy spoon in the country at Ringwood, Ontario. 100 bikes there by 9 A.M. each week. We have coffees, bacon sandwiches, stand outside and talk about each others' bikes for a coupla hours then split up around 10:30 for rides in the country.

I've met two members of this forum there so far.

Every kind of bike you can imagine...nothing common. All enthusiasts with well cared for machines. MV Augusta last week, all the latest stuff with lots of mods; some radical, many vintage bikes including a hard-ridden Vincent Black Shadow. Even Harley guys show up, but they all park together on the farthest side of the lot, not wanting to sully their exotic machines with the likes of Blackbirds, 996s, Busas, Bimotas, BMW sport bikes, Laverdas, Guzzis, Fire Blades, a turbo ZX11, 2-stroke racers converted for street, etc. The Harley guys NEVER cross the parking lot. Is anyone surprised?

Everyone else treats each other like long lost buddies, no chit chat, just serious bike talk.

Back