What polished clutch cover looks like

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
it's cold, spitting rain today, i decided to change the oil for the winter time and go ahead and sand and polish the clutch cover. i got a good quote on chroming it,but i just can not bring myself to chrome it, when polishing the aluminium gives some bling for a whole lot less money. i did the sprocket cover the same way.
here is a picture .

CLUTCH_COVER.jpg

Needz alil more elbow grease
tounge.gif
.  Try finishing up with wet sanding to 1500 grit emery paper,  then buff with these two products.  

DSC03393.jpg

Heres a photos of my stock pipes and everything else I hand polished on the bike.

654.jpg

Clutch cover
Before
DSC02477.jpg

After
DSC02499.jpg

Nuttn to it, but to do it.

I agree. Just another rub with Mothers. That stuff is amazing.

i had used 400/600/1200/1500 sandpaper, buffed with some jewlerys rogue,
i was going to polish again, i need to try that 3m finish restorer, rhythm how much rubbing did it take to shine that clutch cover like that ?

(thepushercg @ Nov. 11 2006,14:53) i had used 400/600/1200/1500 sandpaper, buffed with some jewlerys rogue,
i was going to polish again, i need to try that 3m finish restorer, rhythm how much rubbing did it take to shine that clutch cover like that ?
Took me about 2hrs.  Did you wet sand and clean the part thoroughly when changing to the next grit paper ?

Heres a little secret, pour some murphy oil soap into a bucket of water dipping your sandpaper into before hitting the part.

Now get to it.

i did not clean it after each sanding, i did not use the oil soap, but i will lay waste to it again using your methods. thanks big man for your help.

(thepushercg @ Nov. 11 2006,15:13) i did not clean it after each sanding, i did not use the oil soap, but i will lay waste to it again using your methods. thanks big man for your help.
Just sharing the luv, Playa.
super.gif

very nice work yall, did you do all that by hand or did you use a sander?
wow.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 11 2006,18:04) Heres a little secret, pour some murphy oil soap into a bucket of water dipping your sandpaper into before hitting the part.

Now get to it.
Dish washing liquid also works.

P.Clutch.JPG

i like to sand and polish on the bike like this myself it puts a part of you into it with all the work.

Back