What is the HP limit for 1300cc

OB_speed

Registered
I just read an article on MCW. It talke about the difference between F1 1500cc 1000hp motors and standard motorcycle engines.

Granted I dont think I would want to be on a motor that was turning 17,000 rpms. It would probably vibrate very last tooth out of my head.

So that leads me to ask, What HP should be expectable from a 1300cc engine? It sounds like we have already hit 200HP still on pump gas. For those who have done some engine work is 200'ish about it or can we hope to get 250HP from the engine. leaving off turbos/supercharges/nitrous.. straight motor.

Thats what I like to hear. I would like to be somewhere aroudn 180-190HP .. ah okay who am i kidding .. as much as i can get on my budget?

How about opinions on the best bang for the buck. pistions or head work?

I believe the world record for a 50cc bike is around 120mph. I don't know what HP it was producing but imagine what 26 times that would be! We have a LONG way to go with this bike.

Looking at prostock engines with four valve heads they get around 270 horsepover out of 1298cc. If we take away 50 horsepower because of the gasoline, compression and camshafts we still can expect around 220-230 on pump gas and streetable. My streetdragbike based on the old GS1100 engine have around 230 hp on the rearwheel on a typical Dynojet Dyno.
The head flows about the same as a STOCK Hayabusa head but the cc is 1427 and the compression is way up there. Still I run it on pump gas so I guess I can get around the same from a Busa engine with some work.

i don't think we will get to much more then 225 hp before we will start having major problems out of the casing or covers on the engine. even the starter and gears would have to be replaced by that time.

you are going to have to let Frank Adam answer this one. I am currently at 202.5 hp and I hope to stop around 212-215 hp and he has alot more stuff in his bike so probably look for another 20 or 30 hp.

Okay... I guess I will set my site on close to 200HP. If I get close to that number I will probalby stop. It would still be very streetable and fun to ride.

to turbo1300 and Frank Adams. Would it be possible to outline what you have had done to your motors as I am suffering with 155hp.
Thanks

i think 200 hp is a bit much for pump gas,as my first motor had 12.3 compression and made 177hp on pump fuel. I switched to race gas 104 and it made 191 hp. rear wheel. you may drive it around on pump gas for a while but there high risk you can damage the motor,due to detonation. NOTE THE HIGHEST GRADE OF GAS HERE IS 93,I'VE HAVE HEARD 100 GRADE UNLEADED
BUT IS NOT AVAILABLE HERE. IF IT WAS MAYBE I COULD CALL MY 205 HP BUSA A PUMP GAS MOTOR,BUT TILL THAN I'LL TO BE SAFE AND RUN C12 FUEL.(BEWARE OF BIG HP ON PUMP GAS)

Hey Malcolm, I know you've got a Hindle 4 into 1. Have you done the airbox mod to open up the intake end, too?

When I just had RS-3s on, my horsepower was not improved over stock. It stayed at 154.5. Then I did the airbox mod and horsepower went up to 161.

Are we riding tomorrow?

dallas racer: try....union 76

they have a 100 octane fuel. or at least stop at one and ask where there closest one that does.........

frank adams thanks for the info.i can buy 100+ at air port but it is a hassle.the union 76 here can special order the gas. a company called super fuel use to have is fuel but went out of business,so this is not readily available here, to call my motor pump gas motors. also note after races(idba)at shrevport LA. I increased compression from 12.3 to 14.1,bike is hard starting when warm,another problem to adress, looking for higher cranking amp batt.(same size)note hp incressed from 188 to 205 w/ incressed compression & yosh cams (drop in)est crankshaft hp 241 (18%) of rear wheel 205.i'm having a set of cams ground that should lower cylinder cranking psi and increase top end power, batt may not be needed . thanks

[This message has been edited by DALLASRACER (edited 30 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by DALLASRACER (edited 30 October 1999).]

fast by gast have a higher output battery but it is a little bigger then the stock one. i am going to have to use it as well. i had starter problems as well but i think i figured out the problem. i am using pump gas and i am over 14 to 1. i will let you know the out come next week. if you want to email me we can talk more about our bikes and hopefully help one another. acgreen@pvii.com

dallas racer: great info! about your motor work. i hope you won't be sorry that your getting rid of that beast....

fast by gast is definitly the place for race motor batteries.
i believe there the same dimentions as the stock battery.
i've been told that they'll start a diesel truck

turbo rick: i believe those batteries are only 1.6 pds.

have you done any research to find out where the best available price to get one of these?

This guy has been at all of the AMA races this year (some last year) with this battery. It will fit in the palm of your hand. Had several talks with him, seems to be well informed.

Cost is $250 USD plus you need a charger & a regulator (so figure $350-400).

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 31 October 1999).]

Turbo1300 My engine is very simular to yours (SB Mike).
On my other bike I now am using a 60hp shot of nitrous with no problems, so the mods are working. Looks like soon it will be ready for the public. I still need to try a 80hp and maybe a 100hp shot.

Turbo Rick

Back